Around 200 people packed out the Great Hall for a special reunion on the 8 October. All alumni who studied at the College from 1940 to 1960 were invited to come along to the reunion, which was the largest of its kind the College has hosted.
Also in attendance were some of the students who were transferred to University College Nottingham during the war years, some of whom had never been to the College.
Guests were welcomed into the Great Hall with the sounds of a jazz pianist and were able to look at displays of picures and records from the College archives. The College Registrar, Hugh Jones, offically welcomed everyone back to Goldsmiths and Director of Development and Alumni, David Mungall, gave a speech on some of the important changes at the College in recent years.
Everyone was then treated to afternoon tea in the refectory before the chance to wander the College halls and revisit old haunts.
Goldsmiths, University of London, New Cross, London, SE14 6NW, UK
Telephone: + 44 (0)20 7919 7171
Goldsmiths has charitable status