Do you have a project, idea, club, society or an area of extracurricular work that requires financial support? If so, then the Alumni and Friends Fund (formerly the Annual Fund) could help you.
The Students’ Union are taking the reins of the Alumni and Friends Fund (formerly the Annual Fund). Still supported by the generosity of alumni and friends, applications for funding will now be made to the Students’ Union.
As before, students and staff are eligible to apply for funding to be disbursed twice a year; at the beginning of the autumn and spring terms.
Please contact Rachel Sunderland, Societies Coordinator at the Students’ Union, for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
History of the Fund
Over the last eight years hundreds of our alumni and friends have donated more than £300,000 helping to fund over 250 projects. These awards support students and staff to realise their ambitions in the form of events, publications, equipment and exhibitions that improve the student experience, encourage community engagement and advocate extracurricular and collaborative working.
Projects supported by the Annual Fund
- Walking for Wellbeing - a programme of physical and intellectual activities to help alleviate depression and mental health issues
- Cultural Awareness Project - an intercultural space to enhance cultural awareness and stimulate debate through a series of workshops, seminars and discussions
- Black Metic Experience - an in depth digital archive of black metic poets that will be a permanent fixture at The Goldsmiths Writers’ Centre
- Dedicated Listeners - a student-led, peer support service based at Goldsmiths offering one-to-one, confidential listening support to students
- Learn a Language - cementing, augmenting and enhancing the foreign language skills of students and staff at Goldsmiths
- Remembering & commemorating the 1977 'Battle of Lewisham' - a series of community engagement events celebrating local diversity and activism
- Students' Union clubs and societies including Women's Basketball, Mountaineering, Dance, Muai Thai and Musical Theatre
- EnclaveLab - an experimental curatorial project space for current MFA Curating and Fine Art students at Enclave, Deptford
- Student-led interdisciplinary workshops - the opportunity for students to learn specific, technical skills that is not part of their academic teaching
- Deptford Conchies - a full length production of an original play written by Goldsmiths Prof Tim Crook dramatising the secret trials of conscientious objectors
- Listen - a pop-up sound installation dedicated to giving a voice to refugees whose voices are not heard
- Telegraph Hill Festival - a collaborative project between Goldsmiths and the local community
- Fieldwork Fables - Anthropological films innovating the teaching of research methods
- Lola - a large scale permanent photo wallpaper installation in the Professor Stuart Hall building
- Production of square vinyl records - student-led record label and artist collective squareglass
- Student organised collaborative conferences - exploring themes such as Pedagogy for Liberation and Simulation and Environment
- Plus: first editions of magazines, exhibitions, installations, screenings, performances, online platforms, specialist equipment, talks and events
Please note: not all applications will receive funding due to limited resources, so please continue to seek alternative routes of funding.