As a department we’re interested in a certain kind of study: one that's founded on creativity, independence and learning by doing.
So as a student here you'll really get to create the software you want to create – it’s why you’ll be working on your own projects from the start of your degree.
We want you to graduate with a computing degree that has weight in the real world, so you'll be taught to apply computing to a whole range of real-life situations and to many industries within the creative arts and business sectors. And, because you apply computing to other subjects such as music and media when you’re here, you’ll be able to think on your feet and adapt within this evolving field.
- Foundation Year in Computing
- BSc (Hons) Business Computing & Entrepreneurship
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) Games Programming
Interdisciplinary computing programmes
- BSc (Hons) Creative Computing - Our core interdisciplinary programme
- BSc (Hons) Digital Arts Computing - Our Computational Arts degree (in collaboration with Goldsmiths Department of Art)
- BMus/BSc (Hons) Music Computing - (In collaboration with Goldsmiths Department of Music)
- BA (Hons) Journalism
International Foundation degrees
4 year degrees for International students who want to improve their academic and English language skills before moving on to study an Undergraduate degree.
- BSc (Hons) Business Computing & Entrepreneurship (with International Foundation Year)
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science (with International Foundation Year)
- BSc (Hons) Games Programming (with International Foundation Year)
- BSc (Hons) Creative Computing (with International Foundation Year)
- BSc (Hons) Digital Arts Computing (with International Foundation Year)
- BMus/BSc (Hons) Music Computing (with International Foundation Year)
- MA in Computational Arts and MFA in Computational Arts
- MSc in Computer Games & Entertainment
- MSc in Data Science
- MA in Computer Games Art & Design
- MA in Creative & Cultural Entrepreneurship: Computing Pathway
- MA/MSc in Digital Journalism *
- MRes in Digital Journalism
- MPhil & PhD in Computer Science
- MPhil & PhD in Arts & Computational Technology
- MPhil & PhD in Intelligent Games & Game Intelligence
* These programmes have an associated pre-sessional course called Digital Bootcamp
The Department of Computing offers an Erasmus scheme which enables you to live in a European city for part of your degree.
Our labs and facilities
We have a wealth of specialist rooms and equipment that enable students and academics to create cutting-edge work, and form friendships, networks and collaborations. Explore our facilities