Leire Barrera is a final-year doctoral candidate working on the key role Spanish culture played in the articulation of British Decadence.
- BA (Hons) Journalism and Communication (Madrid)
- MA Publishing (Salamanca)
- MA History of the Book (School of Advanced Study, University of London)
- MPhil in English and Humanities (Birkbeck, University of London)
- EN51006A Introduction to Comparative Literature
- EN52247A Studies in Comparative Literature
My research is primarily focused on 19th-century and early 20th-century literature and culture, specifically Aestheticism and Decadence, and Anglo-Spanish cultural relations at the fin de siècle.
I also co-edit Girasol Press, a small publishing endeavour that seeks to explore connections and disconnections between Spanish and English.