The collection contains a great deal of personal correspondence, photographic documentation, and press cuttings. One of these items is a letter from Goldsmiths College in 1966, thanking Daphne for a demonstration of electronic music techniques. It is likely that this demonstration directly stimulated the beginnings of electronic music study at Goldsmiths.
Enquiries regarding the collection should be directed to Dr. Mick Grierson, Director of the Daphne Oram Collection - email m.grierson (@gold.ac.uk), tel. 020 7919 7651.
- Daphne Oram, the unsung pioneer of techno (BBC News)
- Daphne Oram Oramics CD (2007) (at Paradigm Discs)
- Graham Wrench: The Story of Daphne Oram's Optical Synthesizer (article @ Sound On Sound)
- the 'Oramics' machine on display at the Science Museum, London
- Daphne Oram - Twitter feed
- 'Pioneering electronic instrument found in France' - New Scientist (Aug 2011) - including a video by Nick Street documenting the journey of the Oramics machine.