Goldsmiths is under five minutes' walk from New Cross and New Cross Gate train stations. These stations are both served by National Rail trains and the London Overground Network.
Download a campus map, which shows the stations' locations.
By train or London Overground/Tube
New Cross and New Cross Gate are on the London Overground network (formerly the East London Line), and on the mainline services from Cannon Street (direct to New Cross) and London Bridge (to New Cross and New Cross Gate). Journey time is roughly 10-15 minutes.
See the online transport maps: TfL Maps
Use National Rail to plan your train journey.
See TfL for the Overground and bus journey planner within London.
London Bridge Station is being re-built; the works are expected to last until 2016. For updated information and to help you to plan your journey, visit: Thameslink.
From New Cross station
Turn right out of the station and right at the top into New Cross Road.
For the Richard Hoggart and Rutherford Buildings
- Cross New Cross Road at the pedestrian traffic lights into Amersham Road, keeping to the right hand pavement.
- Follow the road round to the right into Parkfield Road.
- Cross at the pedestrian lights and Richard Hoggart Building is ahead of you. Rutherford Building is to your right.
For Deptford Town Hall Building and Ben Pimlott Building
- Walk along New Cross Road, past the first set of pedestrian lights.
- Cross over Pagnell Street.
- Continue walking and then cross by the next set of pedestrian lights.
- Turn right and walk along New Cross Road, cross Laurie Grove (on the left).
- Deptford Town Hall Building is ahead on your left.
- Ben Pimlott Building is in St James which is the next road on the left.
From New Cross Gate
Turn left out of the station and cross the road at the pedestrian lights.
- Deptford Town Hall Building is to your left. For the Ben Pimlott Building, turn right and take the first left into St James. You will see the entrance through on the left hand side, just before the nursery school.
For the Richard Hoggart Building
- Once you have crossed the road, turn left and walk along New Cross Road, past Laurie Grove on to Lewisham Way.
- Walk past the glass-fronted Rutherford Building, and cross over Dixon Road (on the right).
- Richard Hoggart Building is on the right immediately after this.
Docklands Light Railway
Goldsmiths is accessible by DLR – the closest stations are Deptford Bridge (10 minutes' walk from Goldsmiths) and Lewisham (a short bus ride from Goldsmiths). For people with mobility difficulties, there is a lift at Deptford Bridge DLR and step-free access from Lewisham DLR.