The Department of History's excellence has been recognised by the results of the 2014 REF (Research Excellence Framework), released on December 18:
- We are the single most improved History department in the UK among research-intensive universities, with a Grade Point Average of 2.94 (up from 2.05 in 2008).
- Goldsmiths History ranks 38th in the country, out of 83 History departments submitted to the exercise.
- 73 per cent of our overall submission is rated world leading and internationally excellent.
- Two-thirds of our publications are rated world leading and internationally excellent.
- Our research makes a strong impact beyond academia, with 80 per cent of our impact case studies rated as internationally excellent.
- 90 per cent of our research environment is world leading and internationally excellent.