- BA Letters and Philosophy, University of Bologna, Italy, 2005
- MA Middle Eastern Studies and Arabic, SOAS, University of London, 2006
- PhD Iranian-Jewish Identity, SOAS, University of London, 2013. Thesis: Framing a Cultural Identity into a nationalistic discourse: a comparison of Iranian Jewish migration between 1951 and post 1979.
Religion Peace and Conflict
Second and third year
Medieval Islamic Empires
- 'Has Zionism suffocated Iranian cultural identity? The condition of Iranian Jewish immigrants in Israel between 1951 and 1979'. Paper presented at the 19th Annual ASEN Conference, London School of Economics, London, 2009
- 'The Iranian Jewish migrations in Israel in 150 and post 1979'. Paper presented at University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, 2008
- 'The Discourse of Domestic and international policy of Iranian Zionism. Questioning the relationship between Iran and Israel'. Paper presented at the University of Exeter, Exeter, 2008
- 'Introduction to the history of the Jews of Iran'. Paper presented at Spiro Ark Foundation in London, 2007
Political history and diplomatic strategies that characterized sixty-year relationship between Iran and Israel; wider conflict between national and religious identity for Jewish minorities living in Middle East; Islamic and Judaic shared history in Middle East, history of political Zionism; absorption of Middle Eastern Jewish minorities in Israel.
Iranian Jews in Israel: Between Persian Cultural Identity and Israeli Nationalism
Cecolin, Alessandra. 2015. Iranian Jews in Israel: Between Persian Cultural Identity and Israeli Nationalism. London: I.B.Tauris & Co Ltd. ISBN 9781784533113
Mapping a cultural identity into a nationalistic discourse: a comparison of Iranian Jewish migrations in Israel in 1950 and 1979
Cecolin, Alessandra. 2009. Mapping a cultural identity into a nationalistic discourse: a comparison of Iranian Jewish migrations in Israel in 1950 and 1979. Bulletin of the Council for British Research in the Levant, 4(1), pp. 84-85. ISSN 1752-7260