You can apply for a UK Ancestry visa if you:
- Are a Commonwealth citizen
- Are applying from outside the UK
- Are able to prove that one of your grandparents was born in the UK
- Are 17 or over
- Have enough money without help from public funds to support and house yourself and any dependants
- Can and plan to work in the UK.
Ancestry visas are granted for up to 5 years, after which time you can extend your visa for a further 5 years, or you can apply to settle in the UK permanently.
Further information regarding ancestry visas and how to apply can be found on the home office website.