Unconditional offer holders-how to obtain your CAS statement
The Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) process at Goldsmiths is really simple, you just need to follow four easy steps.
- You accept your unconditional offer to study with us ( we can't issue you with a CAS unless you are eligible for one, and have an unconditional offer).
- We then send you a link to our CAS request form ( this is an electronic form, and usually takes about 5 minutes to complete). We can only start to issue CAS after the end of June 2017 for students starting their studies with us in September 2017. This means you may not receive a CAS request form until late April or early May 2017.
- We assess your CAS request form, and we will write to you if we need any further information to help make our assessment.
- We request financial documents from students who need to submit evidence of their finances at the point they apply for their student visa. You do not need to send financial documents to us until we request them from you. UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) decide which students need to provide financial documents as part of their visa applications, currently if you are a 'low risk' national, applying for your Tier 4 visa in your home country, you are not usually required to provide bank statements at the point you apply for your visa ( you do still need to meet the financial requirements though).
- We review financial documents for applicable students.
- We request any missing documents from all students, such as copies of passports or English language qualifications.
- We issue your CAS statement ( if you are eligible to apply for a Tier 4 student visa). Rememeber, we can't issue this before the end of June 2017 if you start your studies in September 2017. It's normal for students to receive CAS statements throughout the summer months, and there is usually plenty of time to make your application before your enrolment in September.
It can take a few weeks to issue you with a CAS , depending on when and if you become eligible for a Tier 4 student visa. We will process your request as quickly as possible.
You can take part in one of our visa web chats if you have any questions about making your student visa application.