Goldsmiths International Pathways are designed for international students preparing to study for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at Goldsmiths or another UK institution. We have a range of courses for you to choose from, depending on your academic background and level of English.
International Foundation Certificate Pathways
The International Foundation Certificate Pathways are designed for international students who want to develop their academic English and their subject knowledge before starting an undergraduate degree.
On successful completion of a Pathway, you will be awarded an International Foundation Certificate and guaranteed a place on a relevant Goldsmiths degree programme.
There are seven IFC Pathways:
- IFC in Arts and Humanities
- IFC in Computing
- IFC in Design
- IFC in Management and Psychology
- IFC in Media, Culture and Society
- IFC in Music
- IFC in Music Computing
- IFC in Social Sciences
Fine Art Extension Degree
We offer a Fine Art Extension that allows you to progress to BA Fine Art and BA Fine Art and History of Art degrees. It is tailor-made to the requirements of international students. The focus is on developing your studio practice and research skills with appropriate language support and development.
These four-year integrated degrees are designed for students who are either native English speakers or who are already able to satisfy our English Language requirements but need to develop their subject content knowledge.
The following integrated degrees are available:
- Integrated Degree in Anthropology
- Integrated Degree in English
- Integrated Degree in History
- Integrated Degree in Media & Communications
- Integrated Degree in Psychology
Our Pre-Masters pathways will fully prepare you for future postgraduate study in the UK. You have the opportunity to specialise in a range of subjects. You will also improve your study skills and use of academic English - the essential skills you will need to study successfully at Master's level.
On successful completion of the Pathways, students are awarded a Graduate Diploma or Pre-Masters Certificate and are guaranteed a place on a relevant Goldsmiths degree programme.
The Pre-Masters Pathways that are available are:
- Graduate Diploma in Media, Culture and Social Sciences
- Graduate Diploma in Creative and Cultural Industries
- Graduate Diploma in Music
- Graduate Diploma in Design
- Pre-Masters Certificate in Counselling and Therapy
Intensive English language courses
We also offer the following intensive programmes that cover English Language, academic study skills and cultural background studies. You can take them for 12 weeks, nine weeks, or five weeks full-time:
- Pre-sessional programmes – undergraduate level
- Pre-sessional programmes – postgraduate level