In this section
Online Research Collections
- Goldsmiths Research Online - institutional research repository (for research outputs).
- Goldsmiths Data Online - institutional research data repository.
- Goldsmiths Journals Online - open access journal hosting platform.
- Goldsmiths Digital Archives - institutional digital archive (for digital special collections materials).
Research information services
- Goldsmiths Records Management Policy
- DMP Online - research data management planning tool (sign in with 'institutional credentials' to use the Goldsmiths template).
- IRUS - independent Goldsmiths Research Online statistics (go to the 'Portal' at top right and use your Goldsmiths sign in to access).
Publishers and open access
- SHERPA/FACT - funders and authors compliance tool, to help you find out which journals comply with RCUK and Wellcome Trust open access publication requirements.
- SHERPA/ROMEO - publisher copyright policies and self-archiving (check publisher permissions for putting articles in GRO).
- DOAJ - directory of open access journals.
- DOAB - directory of open access books.
Copyright and IPR
- Goldsmiths copyright licences
- OAPEN-UK Guide to Creative Commons - explores concerns about CC expressed in public evidence given by researchers, learned societies and publishers.
Recent Library research projects
- Kaptur - project exploring the management visual arts research data (funded by JISC).
- Defiant Objects - project exploring non-standard research outputs in institutional repositories (funded by SHERPA-LEAP).
Research in the news
- REF & academic culture - Prof. Jane Powell speaks at a recent 1994 Group Policy Forum (12/7/2013).
- Consultation on open access in the post-2014 Research Excellence Framework - 2013/16 (responses by 30 October 2013).
- Debating Open Access - a collection of 8 essays published by the British Academy (1/7/2013).
- Research data wins exemption from FoI Act - (4/12/2012).
Research degree student's Library
- Research degree examination and submission information
- Copyright in your PhD thesis
- Goldsmiths PhD thesis collection
- Openly accessible theses on Goldsmiths Research Online
- EThOS - the British Library's collection of UK theses, all Goldsmiths theses are indexed.
- Subject guides - specialised e-resources organised by subject area including contact details for your Subject Librarian.
Specialised post-graduate study spaces
- Special Collections & Archives reading room - the Special Collections & Archives reading room is on the ground floor of the Library. All post-graduates are welcome to use the reading room for quiet study on weekdays at times when it is not in use for archive workshops and in the evening and at weekends. For opening hours please see the Special Collections & Archives homepage.
- Graduate School post-graduate study space - the Graduate School also provides a study space for post-graduates.
Copyright Enquiries - Andrew Gray, Academic Services Librarian - a.gray (@gold.ac.uk) - 020 7919 7161
Goldsmiths Research Online (GRO) - gro (@gold.ac.uk) - 020 7919 7166
Resources and research skills advice - Subject Librarians
Research Office - Research Office Homepage