History: electronic resources
- History subject guide [pdf]
- Electronic resources for Caribbean studies, the Black community in Britain and the African Diaspora
- Subject librarian for Historical and Cultural Studies: Elizabeth Williams
Online indexes and abstracts
- ArticleFirst - Multidisciplinary index to journal articles.
- BHI (British Humanities Index) - Humanities index, including history and philosophy, 1962-current.
- The Census 1991 - Census data and statistics CD-ROM, on the 1st floor and freely available online.
- CSA (Cambridge Scientific Abstracts) Arts & Humanities collection - Collection of arts and humanities bibliographic databases (ABM,BHI,DAAI).
- CSA (Cambridge Scientific Abstracts) Social Sciences collection - Collection of social science bibliographic databases.
- EndNote Web - Register for EndNote Web via the link on the ISI Citation Indexes site, then access MyEndNote Web direct.
- Google Scholar - Google search engine that finds citations, books and academic resources. Freely available online.
- Historical Abstracts Bibliographic history database covering World history 1450-present day (excluding North America) in books, articles and dissertations.
- Index to Theses - Online version of printed index to UK theses.
- JSTOR Art and Sciences Collections I and III - Goldsmiths College members have access to JSTOR Arts Sciences collections I and III.
- JSTOR Art and Sciences Collections I-IV - JSTOR Art and Sciences Collections I-IV. Requires membership of Senate House Library.
- Project Muse -The library subscribes to the 'standard collection.'
- Proquest online newspapers - UK Broadsheets, 1994 - current.
- Who's Who 2006 and Who Was Who 1897-2005 - The recognised source book of information on people of influence and interest in all fields.
See also E-resources A-Z list.
History resources on the Internet
- British Humanities Index Archive - CD-ROM, 1962-1997 (on 2nd floor)
- Arts and Humanities Data Service: AHDS distributed service comprising the following data sets:- archaeology, history, performing arts, visual arts and the Oxford text archive.
- Arts and Humanites Research Board UK wide body to fund research in the arts and humanities.
- History Data Service formerly the History Data Archive. Preserves and disseminates historical data. Searchable catalogue with some online datasets.
- The History Journals Guide index of history journals which have websites on the internet, about 1100 to date.
- The HUMBUL Humanities Hub - International resources in the humanities.
- IHR-INFO The Institute of Historical Research Information Server. Includes a Bulletin Board and links to other related sites worldwide.
- Internet for Historians - A "teach yourself" tutorial on Internet information skills for historians from HUMBUL.
- LTSN for History, Classics and Archaeology - new Learning and Teaching Support Network subject centre.
- Oral History Society
- Resource Guide for the Arts & Humanities - History and Archaeology page which lists historical databases available online.
- Reviews in History - covers books and digital resources across every area of historical interest.