Publications in print and in preparation
- Angela Phillips, Journalism in Context, Routledge, forthcoming (monograph) Manuscript delivered end February 2014.
- Peter Lee Wright, Angela Phillips, Tamara Witzchge (2011) Changing Journalism, Routledge. ISBN 978-0-415-57955-1.
- Angela Phillips, Futures of journalists: low paid piece workers or global brands?in Vos, Timothy and Francois Heinderyckx Gatekeeping in Transition, Routledge, manuscript delivered, forthcoming 2014.
- Angela Phillips (2013)News, Ethics and Market Competition in Nick Couldry, Amit Pinchevski and Mirca Madianou, ed, Ethics of Media, Palgrave ISBN 9780230347830
- Coordinating Committee for Media Reform (2012) Promoting a democratic and accountable media, in Keeble, Richard ed The Phone Hacking Scandal, Journalism on Trial, Abramis ISBN 9781845495565
- Angela Phillips (2011) Journalists as Unwilling Sources: Transparency and the New Ethics of Journalism, in Bob Franklin and Matt Carlson ed. Journalists, Sources and Credibility: new perspectives. Routledge 978-0-415-88426-6a
- Angela Phillips (2012). Sociability, Speed and Quality in the Changing News Environment. Journalism Practice 6, 669–679. (refereed journal)
- Angela Phillips, Peter Lee Wright Tamara Witzchge, (forthcoming, 2011) Changing Journalism, Routledge.
- EastLondonLines – a not-for profit news website developed to provide an independent news service for the communities of the East London Line. Launched November 2009
- Angela Phillips (2010) Transparency and the new ethics of journalism, Journalism Practice, Vol.4, No.3
- Angela Phillips, ‘Transparency and the New Ethics of Journalism’, in B. Franklin and M. Carlson eds. Journalists, Sources, and Credibility: New Perspectives
- Angela Phillips (2009) ‘Who Spoke and Whose Was Heard in The Mohammed Cartoons Debate?’ International Journal of Communications Vol 19, no1 Jan-June 2009, Bahri Publications, New Delhi
- Angela Phillips (2009) ‘Spare Rib Magazine’ J. Downing (ed.) Social Movement Media encyclopedia, Sage.
- Angela Phillips (2009) Old Sources: New Bottles in N Fenton (ed.) New Media, Old News: Journalism and Democracy in the Digital Age, London: Sage.
- Angela Phillips, Nick Couldry & Des Freedman (2009), An Ethical Deficit: Accountability, Norms and the Material Conditions of Contemporary Journalism, in N Fenton (ed.) New Media, Old News: Journalism and Democracy in the Digital Age, London: Sage.
- Elizabeth Eide, Risto Kunelius & Angela Phillips (eds) (2008) Transnational Media Events: The Mohammed Cartoons and the Imagined Clash of Civilizations Gotenburg Nordicom
- Angela Phillips (2008) Who Speaks? In Eide, E, Kunelius R, Transnational Media Events: The Mohammed Cartoons and the Imagined Clash of Civilizations.Gotenburg: Nordicom.
- Angela Phillips and Hillel Nossek (2008) Ourselves and Our Others, In: Elizabeth Eide, Risto Kunelius & Angela Phillips (eds) Transnational Media Events: The Mohammed Cartoons and the Imagined Clash of Civilizations. Gotenburg: Nordicom.
- Angela Phillips (2008) Advice Columnists, in Bob Franklin (ed.) Pulling Newspapers Apart. London: Routledge
- Angela Phillips (2007) A Very British Response: Reading the Muhammed Cartoons Controversy. In: Kunelius et al. Project Verlag
- Angela Phillips (2007) Press and Publishing, in Kate Coyer, Tony Dowmunt, & Alan Fountain (eds) Alternative Media Handbook, London: Routledge.
Public presentations undertaken and planned
- Angela Phillips (2010) Entrepreneurial Journalism: A Report from the Front Line, conference paper: ECREA, Hamburg.
- Angela Phillips, (2009) Transparency and the New Ethics of Journalism, paper presented to the Future of Journalism Conference, Cardiff September 2009.
- Angela Phillips (2008) Old Sources: New Bottles. Paper presented at ECREA, Barcelona (25-28 September)
- Angela Phillips (2007) Who speaks. Paper presented at IAMCR, Paris (July)
- Angela Phillips (2007) Ourselves and Our Others. Paper presented at ICA, San Francisco (May)