Goldsmiths, University of London
We live in the genomic era, and knowledge is power and key to advancement. Genetic knowledge is expanding and is already commonly used in medicine and forensics. It is likely that in the near future genetic information will be used in many other spheres of our lives.
Learn from leaders in the field. This course is taught by leading geneticists, psychologists and law and ethics experts - members of The Accessible Genetics Consortium. In this six hour course you will learn the key up-to-date facts about DNA and about how genes affect our lives. You will learn about the current and future uses of genetic information and will get a chance to ask your own questions. The course will also introduce the ethical and legal issues of prediction, prevention and treatment based on genetic information.
This course is for everyone. Whether you are interested or not interested in genetics, whether you support or do not support genetic research and the use of genetic information, whether you are embracing or worried about genetic advances - you will benefit from this course.
1. Essential facts about DNA. Why old textbooks on genetics can be thrown away. What we know and what we don't know about how genes affect our lives. Q&A
2. What you must know about genetic influences. What we should and should not worry about when it comes to using genetic knowledge.
3. How to prepare for genetic era.
How to Apply
All enquiries can be sent to Teemu Toivainen at email@example.com
Cancellations up to 14 days before the course start date will incur a 20% cancellation fee. For later cancellations, or non attendance, the full course fee will be charged.
- 10% if you are taking two courses in consecutive weeks
- 20% UK students
- 25% UK Law Students Association (UKLSA) Members (those at pre-qualifying stage)
- 10% Early career solicitors/attorneys, up to 5 years post qualifying
- If five people register from the same institution for the same intake, the fifth place is free
- Goldsmiths students, staff and alumni - email us for current discounts
2 evenings £110