Goldsmiths, University of London
This course is designed and taught by barristers and psychologists. Number of students is limited to 8 per class.
This course is taught by highly skilled experts with extensive experience of public speaking in a wide range of contexts, including courtroom advocacy, international conferences, public engagement, training and professional development, and politics.
Significant improvement is expected for those taking the 3-day course. The course will also help with nerves and anxiety. The course tutors are experts with many years of experience in public speaking and advocacy, and with advanced training in psychology.
The unique feature of this course is the combination of:
- Advocacy training at the English Bar,
- Insights from psychological science, and
- Personalised training and feedback.
The course will cover:
- What makes a good public speech - a keynote speech, a politician's speech, an advocate's speech, a wedding speech etc.
- Distinguishing a good public speech from one that uses manipulative techniques
- Tactics and techniques of persuasive public speaking
- Tactics and techniques of improving your public speaking skills
- How to prepare for public speech
- Exercises and individual feedback for improving your skills
- How to deal with fears and anxiety - tactics, strategies and long-term self-development
- How to speak to large audiences confidently
- How to tailor your speech to changing reactions of an audience
- How to build and deliver a powerful conference presentation
How to Apply
All enquiries can be sent to Teemu Toivainen at email@example.com
Cancellations up to 14 days before the course start date will incur a 20% cancellation fee. For later cancellations, or non attendance, the full course fee will be charged.
- 10% if you are taking two courses in consecutive weeks
- 20% UK students
- 25% UK Law Students Association (UKLSA) Members (those at pre-qualifying stage)
- 10% Early career solicitors/attorneys, up to 5 years post qualifying
- If five people register from the same institution for the same intake, the fifth place is free
- Goldsmiths students, staff and alumni - email us for current discounts
1 day: £275 - 3 days: £550
2 evenings: £255