Goldsmiths is pleased to announce multimillion pound funding for PhDs in the arts and humanities, computing, creative industries, and the social sciences
If you're thinking about applying for a research degree at Goldsmiths, you may be eligible for some of the following funding:
- CHASE AHRC Doctoral Training Partnership, for research in the arts and humanities: Up to 75 PhD studentships a year are available through the CHASE Doctoral Training Partnership
- SeNSS Doctoral Training Partnership, one of 14 new Doctoral Training Partnerships funded by the ESRC. In 2017-18, the SeNSS Doctoral Training Partnership will be awarding 37 studentships across the partner institutions
- The EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Intelligent Games and Game Intelligence (IGGI) aims to train the next generation of digital games researchers, designers, developers and entrepreneurs. 11 studentships will be available through IGGI each year
- The Design Star Centre for Doctoral Training: Up to 12 PhD studentships per year are available through the Design Star Consortium, for research in design
- The William Temple Foundation Scholarship: Up to five fully-funded scholarships in the areas of Religion, Belief and Public Life
Studentships generally cover tuition fees, an annual maintenance grant (sometimes called a 'stipend'), and research training.
Our success in securing this significant Research Council funding across key disciplines underpins our position as a world leader in innovative and rigorous postgraduate research. We welcome applications from excellent candidates to join our thriving research community.