Why study Politics at Goldsmiths?
Politics at Goldsmiths doesn’t just examine parliaments, voting systems and the formal centres of political power. We explore ‘the politics behind politics’ – the major economic, social and cultural conflicts that are hidden by the formal veneer of institutions, but are central to everyday life.
As members of our vibrant and innovative department, you’ll join the international debate about how the world works, and how it is changing. You’ll explore the values and ideas that have set the world on its present course, and you’ll be invited to consider what we might, collectively, do differently.
- We’re innovative. Our inventive and challenging modules will defamiliarise you from what you think you already know, and encourage you to look at politics from a different perspective.
- We’re challenging. We teach you how to develop your own thinking, not what to think. We'll encourage your own independent views about the world, and teach you vital skills in critical thinking and conceptual analysis.
- We’re diverse. It’s why we have leading experts teaching the politics of China, India, Japan and Africa, as well as international relations, political economy, political theory and British politics.
- You’ll have a wide range of options to choose from and can tailor your degree programme around your own interests, benefiting from a university education that is as broad as it is rigorous.
- From study abroad opportunities, and exciting events, to our embedded work placement programme which prepares students for their careers, we make the student experience central to the life of the department.
Find out more
Find out more about the Department of Politics.