Private and family accommodation

Guidance for students who are choosing to rent privately or live with their family.

Primary page content

Private accommodation

Renting privately means you can decide where you live, who you share with, and the type of accommodation that suits you best.

As a Goldsmiths student, you’ll also have access to the University of London Housing Services’ database. This is a site where you can search for available rooms and a service that offers contract checking and housing fairs. They have a housing guide which can give you advice about searching for a place to live and also organise Flatmate Finder events.

Family accommodation

If you're moving with your family, we would strongly advise you to travel to London alone first to find suitable accommodation before your family joins you.

We have some accommodation for couples in our Town Hall Camberwell hall of residence, but our halls rooms are not equipped for families. Please contact the Accommodation Office and we can help you find suitable privately rented accommodation.  

Living in a homestay

You may be interested in living in a house share with a local family. We work closely with Hosts International who offer a number of self-catering rooms in shared houses, close to Goldsmiths and bookable on a weekly basis. HFS London also provide this type of accommodation.