New alumni have free library membership for the first three years after leaving Goldsmiths.
Goldsmiths aims to provide a lifelong journey of learning to our alumni community and you can continue to use the Goldsmiths Library after you leave. For new alumni, thie borrowing membership is free for the first three years and lets you access the Library 24/7, borrow up to four books at a time and use the guest Wi-Fi.
After three years, alumni can continue to use the library for free as a reference user, or if you would like to borrow books, there is a new and more affordable rate of £30 for three years.
Please note that to use the library, you must apply for an alumni library membership.
How to apply
Alumni library membership is not automatic and you should apply online via the Library before visiting. Please follow these three steps:
- Apply online and allow five working days for your application to be approved.
- When you receive a notification from the Library that your application has been successful, please take the email to Reception in the Richard Hoggart Building. Reception is open from 7am to 10pm, Monday to Saturday.
- Reception staff will take your photo and issue you an alumni library card.
Please note that alumni are currently unable to access computers. While on campus alumni can access most of the Library's online resources; however, are unable to access them remotely due to licensing restrictions.
Find out more about your alumni library membership.
Access alumni e-resources
Are you thinking of postgraduate study or want to continue to enrich your knowledge? Register for Goldsmiths Connect (the alumni social network) and once approved, join the Library e-Resources group to access library e-resources available to alumni. Your Goldsmiths Connect account is not dependent on having an alumni library membership and it is separate from your existing membership.
Below are e-resources currently available to alumni:
- JSTOR Arts & Sciences Collections
- SAGE Premier Journals Collection
- Duke University Press Journals & eBooks
Read the Library guide to using e-resources.