Digital Grid Partnership
This programme will provide skills solutions for London based small businesses in the creative and tech community.
Primary page content
About the programme
The Digital Grid Partnership is funding collaborative activities between start-ups, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and higher-level digital skills providers. The collaboration will help co-design the digital skills qualification of the future and effectively shape the staff force with high-level digital skills and industry-specific experience.
- We consult with creative businesses to identify the qualification your industry requires
- We support SMEs develop work placements with relevant industry related experience – Fully funded 6 weeks paid student placement
- We help shape skills development in the area of VR, AR, mixed reality and immersive technologies skills while enabling graduates to be equipped with the right knowledge and skills needed by the industry
- We provide an opportunity to network and build relationships with peers
- We improve partnerships between skills training organisations and small businesses
- We design qualifications that will help students gain industry-relevant experience and the skills that companies need
Breakdown of the programme
We will be registering companies to take part in each stage. You will be fully briefed and supported through the process by academics with years of industry experience.
Stage 1: Reviewing current needs in the sector
Working with SMEs to help identify and design a programme to meet their needs in higher-level digital skills training.
Stage 2: Co-design workshop
SMEs co-designing or improving higher-level digital skills training programme.
Stage 3: Capacity building workshop
SMEs supported through capacity building to provide placement opportunities.
- We are currently recruiting SMEs to take part in capacity building workshops.
Stage 4: Placements
SMEs taking on interns for 6 weeks.
- We are currently recruiting students from Goldsmiths to take part in a full-time placement. These will be remote placements as a response to the Covid-19 lockdown procedures.
Since the outbreak of Covid-19 and the resulting lockdown, we have adapted our SME collaboration Programme Digital Gird Partnership (DGP). Continuing with deliverables but more importantly to support the business community it was set up to help.
The following adjustments have been made:
- Working closely with SMEs to deliver workshops online
- Offering remote student placements to help with companies enhance or develop current immersive technology capabilities
- Students at Goldsmiths offered chance to take part in fully paid summer internships with tech SMEs
If you are interested in digital training to support your business please contact: digitalgrid (@gold.ac.uk). To learn more go to the Digital Grid Partnership website.