A forum for scientific and creative collaboration between Goldsmiths’ academics and organisations outside of education.
The Goldsmiths Open Innovation Network brings together research organisations, industry, social enterprises as well as the charitable and public sectors and the wider community, to foster collaboration across activities ranging from student placements and KTPs to consultancy and contract research.
Benefits for members
- Exclusive access to Open Innovation Network events
- Opportunities to engage with Goldsmiths’ academics and students
- Hear about the latest academic research and innovation
- Updates on trends in governmental research strategies and funding priorities
- Horizon scanning for specific upcoming funding opportunities
- Access to funding schemes only available in conjunction with universities like Goldsmiths
- Feedback and inform our lobbying of bodies including UK Research and Innovation (the successor to HEFCE) and central government
- General networking
Goldsmiths will be holding a series of 4-6 events per year exclusively open to members of the Open Innovation Network.
These may be themed around individual academic disciplines, research areas and upcoming funding opportunities, and will feature presentations from Goldsmiths academics along with representatives from business, industry and government.
Our first event will be held on 12 September at 6pm at Goldsmiths.
We are delighted to host our keynote speaker Mr Hamish McAlpine, Head of KE Data and Evidence at Research England who will discuss the shifting industrial landscape and the ongoing emphasis on industry-academic collaboration.
There will also be presentations from two of our most exciting academics:
- Dr Sylvia Xueni Pan in Computing who will talk about her work on an upcoming Peaky Blinders virtual reality game
- Professor Mike Waller, Head of the Design Department, on the applications of neuroscience to the design process
Join the network
Email the Enterprise Team at Goldsmiths to join: enterprise (@gold.ac.uk)