Matteo is a technology educator and game designer.
Prior to Goldsmiths, he designed and led workshops at UCA, Portsmouth University, Brunel and Ravensbourne, where he lectured in Web Media. He also designed and built educational games that engage young people in subjects like citizenship, languages and science for clients such as BBC Bitesize and BBC Learning. He facilitates coding and innovation training at Decoded across Europe. Read more about his teaching philosophy
He is the designer of Beesness, a persuasive board game about bees and capitalism which featured at NowPlayThis 2017.
- MA Communication Design, Central St Martins UAL London, 2007
- BA Communication Design, Politecnico di Milano, Italy, 2005
- Lecturer, Goldsmiths, University of London, 2017 - present
- Senior Lecturer, Ravensbourne, 2014 - 2017
- Sessional Lecturer, Ravensbourne, 2013
- Sessional Lecturer, University of Portsmouth, 2012
- Sessional Lecturer, UCA Farnham, 2011
Research interests: Games as social interfaces
Other interests: Beekeeping, veganism, emoji poetry, twitter-bots, canine photography, baroque chamber music