Computing careers support
You'll have opportunities to gain real experience helping you to continue on your career path.
Primary page content
We create lots of opportunities for our students to meet employers whilst they are studying with us, with regular events and meetings on campus or online.
Placement and job opportunities are shared every week through the Student Newsletter as well as other opportunities such as Careers sessions, external events and mentoring schemes and hackathons.
Here are a few examples:
- An annual CareerHack in partnership with Hacksmiths – a mini hackathon where students showcase their technical and teamworking skills to employers
- End of year showcases and project events where employers either help judge projects or just come to meet students and see their work
- Talks from employers – to help students plan their future career
- A comprehensive set of employability sessions throughout the year to help students create compelling online portfolios, CVs and prepare for technical interviews
- Our students have benefited from summer and sandwich placements with a range of different employers. Organisations have ranged from huge multinationals like IBM and Accenture, to exciting start-ups in London’s Tech City. Others have included TT Games; Canon; Wieden + Kennedy; Sainsburys; and the MOD
We have dedicated support in the department through our Industry Employability Champion, to ensure that students get the help they need to get into great jobs after graduation.
Want to know more? Email email@example.com