In this section
Goldsmiths Confucius Institute for Dance and Performance is calling for entries to its Chinese Translation and Play Scripts Writing Competition.
Notice: 'Chinese Translation & Play Script Writing Competition 2018' - Entry now open. Please submit entires by 31 May 2018.
Entry requirements - Participants need to:
- Translate either the synopsis of “The Injustice to Dou E” and the extract of “The Ballad of Mulan” into English.
- Write one scene of a play script based upon your translated synopsis.
Timeline and further information:
- 25 April: Call for Entries
- By 20 May: Submission of entries. Participants should submit the completed registration form, translation and script writing entry as well as a statement for originality of the work and copyright by email to firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com.
- 1 June: Announcement of results and awards
- Three entries will be awarded based on the best translation of the texts. Winners will receive a certificate from the Confucius Institute, and their work will be published online. They will also have an opportunity to choose one of the short courses offered by the Confucius Institute (including Mandarin Chinese, martial arts, music and dance etc.) and take 5 consecutive sessions free of charge.
- There will be award given to the writer of the best script. The winner will receive a budget of £500-£1000 to create a live production of their script. The winner will have the opportunity to work with experts and professionals from the Goldsmiths Confucius Institute, as well as have the possibility of taking their production on tour.
Please download and complete the following forms, and return these to firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com.