2018 Summer Camp China
To provide young people with the opportunity to experience Chinese culture in person, Goldsmiths Confucius Institute for Dance and Performance is organising a summer camp in China supported by Hanban headquarters, for which applications are now being received.
The summer camp lasts 2 weeks from 7th to 21st July 2018, and participants will stay in Beijing and Jiangsu. The courses and cultural activities will be arranged by Beijing Dance Academy and Jiangsu University. The participants will visit the historical and cultural attractions in Beijing, Zhenjiang, Suzhou, Shanghai to experience the rich Chinese culture and to see China first-hand.
You can also access this information as a Word document: Goldsmiths CI China Summer Camp 2018
In accordance to the stipulations set by Hanban and the Confucius Institute Headquarters in China, eligibility and requirements are as follows:
- Participants must have a minimum of 40 hours of studies (Mandarin or art) at Goldsmiths Confucius Institute (People who have registered but not completed 40 hours of classes with Goldsmiths Confucius Institute are also eligible to apply), the short course can apply online：https://www.gold.ac.uk/confucius-institute/
- Participants must have sat for HSK exams (you can register and take HSK exams at Goldsmiths Confucius Institute exam centre if needed). You can register for HSK tests from our Eventbrite.
- Participants must be over the age of 15.
- Participants must not have participated in the Summer Camp by Hanban before.
- Number of participants: a minimum of 15, a maximum of 20
- Duration: 14 days (7th-21st July; Beijing, Zhenjiang, Suzhou, Shanghai)
- Details above may be subject to change until the programme is finalised. The arrangements for the summer camp will be finalised and released in April.
- Short Chinese language courses, which are taught by experienced Chinese teachers from BDA and Jiangsu University.
- Chinese culture experience courses, such as calligraphy and Chinese painting, taster courses in Chinese Dance and tai chi, etc.
- Meeting with Chinese students and local residents to discuss learning, exchange ideas on aspects of life, and make new friends.
- Visiting China's political and cultural centre of Beijing and exploring the rich history and culture of Beijing by visiting the Great Wall and the Forbidden City; Visiting the international, cosmopolitan city of Shanghai and feel its charm and customs; visiting Two famous old cities in the South bank of Yangtze river, Zhenjiang and Suzhou; having an evening cruise tour on the Yangtze River, the longest river in China in Zhenjiang, as well as a tour in Suzhou. Through visits and tours, you will feel the harmonious combination of China's modern cities and its ancient culture, and the very different natural sceneries and customs between the north and the south.
The Confucius Institute Headquarters will cover relevant expenses according to courses and cultural activities arrangements including：
- Transport within China
- Tuition fee and costs of activities
Participants are responsible for paying:
- Registration fee (£30 non-refundable)
- International round-trip travelling expenses
- Chinese visa application fee
- Deposit (£250 to secure your place. This will be refunded once the camp ends. The deposit is non-refundable in the case of absence for any reason.)
- The extra individual expenses excluding those listed in the arrangements.
Application & Registration
- Please register here.
- The registration deadline is 4 May 2018, after this we will be send you further information, along with details on how and when to pay the £250 deposit, which will need to be paid by 28th May 2018.
- Places are limited and are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
For enquiry or application please:
- E-mail: Guo@gold.ac.uk; email@example.com;
- Tel: 020 7717 2524 ; 020 7717 2523
- Address: Confucius Institute for Dance and Performance, Goldsmiths, University of London, New Cross, London SE14 6NW, UK