China Summer Camp 2017
To provide people with the opportunity to experience Chinese culture in person, Goldsmiths Confucius Institute for Dance and Performance is organising a summer camp in China supported by the Hanban Headquarters, for which applications are now being received.
The summer camp will run from 16th to 29th July 2017, and campers will stay in Beijing, Zhenjiang, Suzhou and Shanghai for two weeks. The courses and cultural activities during the summer camp will be arranged by Beijing Dance Academy and Jiangsu University. These include visits to the historical and cultural attractions of Beijing, Zhenjiang, Suzhou and Shanghai, to experience the rich culture of China and to see China first-hand.
The exciting two week camp includes:
- Short Chinese language courses, which are taught by experienced Chinese teachers from Beijing Dance Academy and Jiangsu University.
- Chinese culture experience courses, such as; calligraphy; Chinese painting; Chinese tea show with a visit to ‘tea hill’; taster course in Chinese Dance and tai chi; etc.
- Meeting with Chinese students and local residents to discuss learning, life and culture sharing, and making new friends.
- Visiting China's political and cultural centre of Beijing, and exploring the rich history and culture of the capital by visiting the Great Wall and the Forbidden City; Visiting the international, cosmopolitan city of Shanghai and feel its charm and customs; visiting two famous old cities in the South bank of Yangtze River (the longest river in China in) – Zhenjiang and Suzhou; having an evening cruise tour on the Yangtze River, Zhenjiang; and a tour of the ancient Guanqian Street of Suzhou. Through visits and tours, you will feel the harmonious combination of China's modern cities and its ancient culture, and the very different natural sceneries and costumes between the north and the south.
- Must have a minimum of 40 hours of studies at Goldsmiths Confucius Institute and have sat for HSK exams (you can register and take HSK exams at Goldsmiths Confucius Institute exam centre if needed).
- Between 15 and 30 years of age.
- Haven’t participated in the Summer Camp by Hanban before.
For more information and to register on our Eventbrite page
Email: confucius (@gold.ac.uk), l.luo (@gold.ac.uk)