Wei Jin trained as a teacher of Chinese as a foreign language in China. After graduating from Beijing Language and Culture University, she pursued further studies in second language education at the University of Cambridge. In 2005, she was employed by the Faculty of Oriental and African Studies at the University of Cambridge, teaching both undergraduate and postgraduate students Chinese. During the years, Wei JIN has also worked at the Centre for Modern Languages at the University of Birmingham and SOAS Language Centre. She has extensive experience in teaching students of different backgrounds and different proficiency levels. Wei JIN also has rich experience in programme design and course development.
Wei Jin has been a member of British Chinese Language Teaching Society since 2005 and was acting as the coordinator between 2008 and 2010 and the executive chair between 2010 and 2012. She has been a member of Association of University Language Centres since 2009 and was an executive committee member between 2010 and 2014.
- 2001, BA in Teaching Chinese as a Second Language, Beijing Language and Culture University, China
- 2003, MPhil in Education, University of Cambridge, UK
- Degree programmes in Chinese at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- Joint honours degree programmes
- Credit courses
- Short courses at all levels
- Business Chinese
- Executive courses