Pamela Johnson has published 3 novels, short stories, poems, non-fiction and journalism. Her third novel, Taking In Water, received an Arts Council Writers' Award and was published by Blue Door Press, 2016. She is currently working on her fourth novel and a collection of poems.
For over 15 years she has devised and run writing workshops in a range of contexts - schools, U3A, residential courses for The Arvon Foundation. She is a guest tutor on the MA in Creative & Life Writing. From 2002-2015 she also taught the fiction option on that course.
Formerly editor of the Crafts Council's magazine, Crafts, she has previously worked as an independent critic, curator and lecturer on contemporary visual art. Her essays, articles and reviews on contemporary visual art and craft have appeared in journals, broadsheets and gallery publications. She has curated national touring exhibitions and reviewed for Radio 4's Kaleidoscope and Front Row.
- 2002 - present: Goldsmiths, University of London, Guest Tutor, MA in Creative and Life Writing, Department of English and Comparative Literature.
- 2002-2015: Goldsmiths, University of London, devised and taught the fiction option + Guest Tutor, MA in Creative and Life Writing, Department of English and Comparative Literature.
- 2003-2006: University of East Anglia, external examiner, undergraduate creative writing.
- 1995 - 2006: Goldsmiths, Department of Visual Art, devised and ran creative writing workshops for visual artists.
- Other teaching includes: visiting writer sessions at, University of Glamorgan, MPhil in Writing, Liverpool John Moores University, MA in Imaginative Writing; residential courses for the Arvon Foundation; regular guest tutor, Haringey writers' group, Word4Word.
- Edits the Literary Website Words Unlimited which holds and archive of author interviews, many by published graduates of the MA in Creative & Life Writing wordsunlimited.typepad.com
- Working on a 4th novel
- Working on a collection of poems
- Member of volunteer-led committee organizing Poetry In Aldeburgh festival
- Taking In Water, Blue Door Press, 2016 - novel
- Newspaper Taxis, Seren, 2013 [contributor, poetry anthology]
- The Captain's Tower, Seren, 2011 [contributor, poetry anthology]
- Deep Blue Silence, Sceptre, 2000 - novel
- Under Construction, Sceptre, 1998 - novel
- Society of Authors
- The English Centre of International P.E.N
- National Association of Writers in Education (NAWE)