Primary page content
ValueThe Scholarship will be awarded for two years, at £3,150 per year. The award holder will be paid in installments of £1,050 per term for the two years of the scholarship. They will have to maintain a grade standing of pass or better throughout the course in order to retain the award.
Year of entry2022
In order to be eligible for the Gary Hume Scholarship, students will need to be in their first year of the BA Fine Art and meet the following criteria:
- Be a UK national
- Demonstrate potential as an artist
- Have a household income of £25,000 or less, as assessed by Student Finance England
- Not be in receipt of any other Goldsmiths Scholarships or Fee Waivers
Applicants should send their applications to Helen Kar Shuen by 31 August 2022.
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship please complete the application form: Gary Hume Scholarship 2022 Application Form (PDF)
As part of your application, you need to write a 300 word statement that may include:
- How the scholarship would help you to develop your work and complete your degree.
- You should indicate your financial need, which can be evidenced through your application to the Student Loans Company.
- We encourage applicants from communities traditionally underrepresented in higher education, non-selective state schools and being care-experienced.
- We encourage students who have completed the Goldsmiths Summer School.
- Please send your application to Helen Kar Shuen (h.shuen@(gold.ac.uk) by 31 Aug 2022.
- A shortlist will be established by the Scholarships Committee.
- Panel members understand that applicants will have a broad range of differing skills, attributes and experiences. They will prioritise evaluating the content of the application not the writing standard.