As part of our commitment to broadening access to Higher Education, we fund a grant for UK students who are applying to our undergraduate courses for 2021 entry.
Primary page content
ValueThe grant is worth up to a maximum of £150. It can be used to cover, or contribute towards, the travel and accommodation costs for an applicant and a member of their household or support bubble to attend an or interview at Goldsmiths.
Year of entry2021
The grant is available to students who meet the eligibility criteria and have to travel to campus to attend an Applicant Day or interview. Please note, that currently most Applicant Days and interviews are taking place online and do not require travel to campus.
To be eligible for a grant, you must receive an invitation to attend an interview or an Applicant Day, attend the interview or Applicant Day, and meet one of the following criteria:
- Be the first person in your family to consider going to university
- Have a disability
- Live in a Low Participation Neighbourhood (check your postcode)*
- Have a household income of less than £25,000 per year
- Be eligible for free school meals
- Be a carer for a close relative (mum/dad/brother/sister)
- Have experience living in care or living with a foster family
- Be an estranged student with no contact with family
- Identify as a Gypsy, Roma or Traveller student
*If your postcode has a '1' in the column 'POLAR 4 Young Participation Quartile column, it is a Low Participation Neighbourhood.
Applications must be received within three weeks of attending the interview or Applicant Day.
How to apply
If you are attending an interview or Applicant Day on campus:
- Complete the Applicant Grant Application Form
- Complete the Expenses Form, using the guidance notes
- Scan or clearly photograph your itemised receipts for travel and accommodation, or bring originals to the Applicant Day. Credit or debit card transaction slips are not accepted as receipts.*
- Hand in your completed forms and receipts to the signposted desk at the Applicant Day or email your completed forms and receipts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The most cost-effective journey by train, Tube, coach, bus, taxi, plane or car (mileage at 45p per mile) may be claimed. If the timings of the Applicant Day or interview are such that you need to travel down the night before, you can claim for accommodation in a hotel, bed and breakfast, Air BnB or youth hostel.