In this section
The studio is available for commercial hire with an engineer or assistant engineer. There is parking for 2 cars and easy access to load in and out.
10h day with engineer - £375 + VAT
5h day with engineer - £225 + VAT
Significant discounts are available for alumni (up to 3 years). Please for more details.
- Three live rooms. Studio 1 has 12ft high ceilings, a timber floor and variable acoustics. Studios 2 and 3 have a drier acoustic for a more focused sound.
- Central control room linked to all studios
- Large-format Calrec vintage analogue mixing desk with 72 Inputs
- Otari MTR-90 MKII 2" 24-Track Tape Machine
- Plate Reverb, Spring Reverb, Space Echo
- Yamaha C6 Grand Piano in concert piano condition
- 2x Upright pianos, Fender Rhodes piano, Prophet PE-08, Yamaha CS-10 , Roland Juno 106 analogue synthesisers
- Large collection of new and vintage microphones including the famous Neumann U47
- Large collection of vintage and new analogue outboard equipment (Neve, API, Urei, Teletronix etc.)
- Pro-tools HD recording system
The GMS is happy to recommend a mastering service courtesy of our own engineer Nicholas Powell. Using a range of analogue and digital equipment he is able to get your mixes ready for a digital release.