Paper Use Reduction at Goldsmiths
Like most large organsiations we use far more paper than we should. In 2016-2017 Goldsmiths will be tackling our paper use by asking everyone to do the following:
1. Communicate electronically as much as possible.
2. Printing double sided and placing as much information on both sides of the page as is legible.
3. Re-use scrap paper and dispose of waste paper in the paper recycling bins only.
Energy Detectives is a new scheme to reduce energy waste across campus. Greening Goldsmiths are asking staff and students to let us know via weblink or by downloading an app (which is currently under construction) when:
- the lights are left on in an empty classroom
- corridors are lit unnecessarily
- electrical equipment is plugged in but not being used
- heat is on but escaping through open windows
Anyone submitting energy wasting information will be entered into a monthly lucky draw where you could win coffee vouchers for the café of your choice at Goldmsiths. For more information contact Nicola Hogan, n.hogan (@gold.ac.uk).
Go Green Week
Each year Goldsmiths takes part in People & Planet's Go Green Week, organising a range of activities to promote green initiatives. For more information contact Nicola Hogan, n.hogan (@gold.ac.uk).