Applying for a Tier 4 visa from outside the UK


How to apply in your home country.

  1. If you are an international student applying for a Tier 4 visa outside of the UK you will need to make your application from the Country in which you normally live.

  2. You can make your application up to three months in advance of your course start date and once you have your Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) statement. We recommend that you check the visa processing times in your country so that you can plan ahead.

Once you receive your Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) statement, you will need to complete an application form to apply for your Tier 4 student visa.

We have put together an Tier 4 Visa Application Guidance to help you make your Tier 4 application overseas.

Order of the visa process:

  1. Receive your CAS statement from Goldsmiths

  2. Complete your online visa application in your home country

  3. Sign the declaration

  4. Choose where you want to pick up your visa from when you get to the UK. You must use the secure code we provided you with when we sent your CAS statement so that your visa will be sent directly to Goldsmiths

  5. Book an appointment for your ‘biometric’ data to be taken

  6. Pay your Immigration Health Surcharge

  7. Pay for your visa application

  8. Submit and print your application 

TB testing

If you are coming to the UK to study for six months or more and live in a particular country then you will be required to undertake a TB test. Please refer to the UKVI website for further information regarding TB testing and the list of countries which require a TB test.