Request a CAS to continue your studies


If you are a current student and need to extend your visa, you will need to complete the Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) request form for continuing students. This is an online form and once you have answered all of the questions, it is automatically sent to the Immigration Advisory Service, who will assess your request and if you are eligible, support you to extend your visa.

If you are applying inside the UK, we will check your supporting documents by email initially, and then offer you an appointment with an immigration advisor to make your visa application.

If you are outside the UK, then you might have to have your Tier 4 financial documents checked before we can issue you with a CAS, but this shouldn't take too long.

If you have any questions about your CAS request (before or after you have submitted it) you should email 

You can find out more about the process using our Extending your Tier 4 visa flowchart.