Here are lists of other libraries you can use:
London & the South-East
Search25 has links to academic libraries in the M25/south east region, their combined catalogues and the University of London Union list of serials, simply choose which resource you wish to search from the drop down menu.
Senate House Library
Goldsmiths students and staff are entitled to free membership of Senate House Library; the central library for the University of London and the School of Advanced Study. With a focus on Arts, Humanities and Social Science collections, including a number of Special Collections, it provides access to resources for Goldsmiths students and researchers at all levels of study.
Some items on course Reading Lists may be available via Senate House Library, rather than Goldsmiths Library, which is why students are expected to register for a free membership.
University of London : Other Libraries
Goldsmiths staff and students can use other University of London libraries for reference use. Please click the following links for a full list of member colleges and institutes or for further details of how to access the libraries.
UK academic libraries
COPAC holds combined catalogues of UK and Ireland HE and research libraries.
SCONUL Access scheme
At participating institutions a SCONUL Access email will usually* allow you to have:
- limited borrowing facilities for academic and research staff, all postgraduates and part-time undergraduates
- limited borrowing for students on placements of 6 weeks or more
- reference access for full time undergraduates, other students and administrative staff
You can apply online to join the SCONUL Access scheme at http://www.sconul.ac.uk/sconul-access
* Please note that individual institutions can set local restrictions on access to computer facilities, e-resources, short loan collections, etc, and not all allow borrowing for full-time postgraduates. You are advised to check with the library you intend to visit.
SUNCAT there are now over 90 contributing libraries including Goldsmiths.
The British Library
- For access see the admission requirements to get a reader pass. You must also take your Goldsmiths card to show your current academic status.
- The British Library Catalogues
- The British Library News media collections
Other UK national libraries
- National Library of Scotland (Edinburgh)
- National Library of Wales (Aberystwyth)
- National Art Library (Victoria and Albert Museum, London) Includes national union catalogue of art periodicals.
- Most London boroughs/local authorities have useful large central reference libraries, e.g. Westminster Libraries.
- Lewisham library.
UK higher education libraries and research collections
- AIM25 Archives and manuscripts in M25 area libraries.
- The National Archives
- Horniman Museum library (Forest Hill) Collections on ethnography, natural history & musical instruments.
- Research Libraries UK (RLUK) A British organisation of academic libraries. Contains information on the individual collections.
- MASC25 A resource guide to printed special collections in libraries in Higher Education institutions in the London region.
- University of Wolverhampton UK Sensitive map An excellent resource for finding UK HE institutions and their libraries - click the location on the map for a connection to that site.
- US Library of Congress - information about the Library of Congress collections, including a connection to the Library Catalogue.
- The European Library - access to the resources of the 43 national libraries of Europe. Offers free searching and delivery of digital objects - some free, some priced.
- Bibliothèque nationale de France The French National Library
- Die Deutsche Bibliothek The German National Library
- WorldCat Catalogue of books in academic libraries from the UK, USA and worldwide