Use the self-service machines on the ground floor to borrow items or visit the Libary Help Desk nearby.
The table below reviews the borrower, the type of item loaned, and the time allotted.
Main Library collection (books)
School Practice (books)
School Practice (A/V items)
|PG Dip students||20||6||5||5||6|
|PGCE/BA Ed students||15||4||20||20||4|
- Ordinary loans are 3 week loans with white date labels.
- Short loans are 7 days or 3 days with coloured date labels.
- REFERENCE ONLY cannot be borrowed. They have a yellow band on the cover.
Overdue items and fines
- Return your items by the due date shown on your self-service receipt or stamped date label.
- Fines are charged on all overdue items.
- You cannot borrow more items until the overdue items are returned or renewed (if not requested by another library user)
- If your fines exceed £10.00 you cannot borrow.
|Ordinary loan||Recalled loan||7-day loan||3-day loan||Inter-library loans||Audio-visual loans|
|10p per day||20p per day||50p per day||50p per day||50p per day||50p per day|
- You will be asked to pay the replacement cost for any lost items on loan to you.
- If you lose your Goldsmiths' card, please report it to the library or go to the security office in the main building for a replacement.