Robert Smith is a filmmaker who has worked as a producer, director, cameraman and story editor. He has a particular interest in the creative challenges faced getting feature length films made from script to screen. He previously ran the MA Feature Film programme which is in the process being transformed into a practice PhD in Film. He also works as a media consultant for a wide range of commercial clients engaged in media development projects and related initiatives with special interests in the creative industries and regeneration. He also runs Digitales which is a social enterprise offering digital story telling skills to excluded communities. Robert currently convenes the MA Filmmaking course and is the key contact with industry.
I teach on the following courses:
MA Filmmaking and MA Scriptwriting
I convene and supervise:
MA Filmmaking, The Creative and Cultural Entrepreneurship Media Pathway, Media Landscapes, PRactice PhD's AVPhD in Film and Department Links with Indsutry.
- Evaluation of Film Council's Training Programme (2002-5)
- Development of media training strategy for Learning and Skills Council in Northamptonshire (2003)
- Feasibility Study looking at the potential of the White Hart Depot in Greenwich as an operational base for media and related creative industries (2003)
- Media Strategy for the Channel Corridor, including Maidstone Studios and Folkestone's Cultural Quarter (2002-03)
- Development work on media education programme for Wellcome Trust (2002)
- Feasibility study for a £12m Media Facilities Centre in East London for Team Pictures Limited supported by the LDA (2002)
- Strategic and Business Planning for a digital studio for Elemental Films supported by NESTA and Scottish Enterprise (2001-2)
- West London Media Strategy addressing issues around BBC and Ealing Studios (2001)
- Option Analysis and Business Planning for Em-Media (2001)
- Feasibility Study for the Media Centre for Cornwall (2000)