The MSc Data Science and Marketing will provide you with the technical and practical skills to combine data science with marketing analytics, allowing you to use technology to transform businesses and marketing strategies and improve performance.
The rate at which we can create data is rapidly accelerating. These enormous quantities of data hold the keys to success in many sectors, and none more so than marketing and business.
The pace at which we produce data is rapidly outstripping our ability to analyse and use it. The MSc in Data Science and Marketing will give you the tools needed to accurately analyse data on a vast scale, giving you highly desirable skills in an increasingly competitive job market.
Why study MSc Data Science and Marketing
- This course is active. You’ll learn the foundations of data science through data mining, data visualisation and statistical analysis of real-world data from the marketing and business industries.
- You’ll combine the statistical skills with computational techniques needed to carry out this analysis on a large scale, helping you to join the next generation of data scientists.
- You’ll learn how to analyse trends in consumer data, make revenue predictions and design better marketing strategies.
- You’ll use industry-standard software such as Apache, Hadoop, R and Spark to analyse data from social media to digital marketing.
- You’ll learn from experts in the Department of Computing and the Institute of Management Studies. Many of our academics bring their knowledge from active research and consultancy in across the marketing and computing sectors.
- You’ll put your learning into practice by undertaking original analysis on real-world data through your final project. This project will let you focus on your specialist area of interest across digital marketing and analytics.
- Our close links with industry mean that you’ll have the opportunity to learn from industry experts in guest lectures throughout the year.
As well as MSc Data Science and Marketing, we have the following pathway options that give you the chance to specialise in a particular industry area. For each MSc Data Science pathway, in addition to the pathway-specific skills, you’ll learn core skills that are essential for data scientists such as statistical analysis, programming, machine learning, data visualisation, and big data technologies.
In collaboration with Goldsmiths Institute of Management Studies, you’ll gain the skills to become the next generation of data science experts in sectors ranging from healthcare to business.
- MSc Data Science
- MSc Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- MSc Data Science and Financial Technologies
- MSc Data Science and Econometrics