Goldsmiths is part of Realising Opportunities – a unique collaboration of 15 leading, research-intensive universities, working together to promote fair access and social mobility of students from groups under represented in higher education
Current RO students: All on-campus Realising Opportunities events have been cancelled. We are still running online Q&A sessions, and the RO portal is still accessible. Please email e-mail the Realising Opportunities with any questions: realisingopportunities (@gold.ac.uk).
Realising Opportunities (RO) at Goldsmiths offers:
- A Skills4uni online study skills module hosted by the University of Birmingham
- Support for the Extended Project Qualification or the Realising Opportunities Academic Assignment
- A national student conference
- A robust programme of E-mentoring from RO university student ambassadors
- Information advice and guidance on access to graduate professions
- Online support from current undergraduate students across the RO Partner universities
Students who successfully complete RO will receive an alternative offer on most courses across the RO universities, usually equivalent to two A-level grades lower than the standard published offer.
Eligible students are recruited onto the programme through a targeted schools approach.
If you would like more information on RO, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, fill in our , or call 020 7078 5077.
Alternatively, you can visit the Realising Opportunities website.
Current RO students only - To help you on your way we have a handful of travel bursaries which as Realising Opportunities participants are eligible for.
For each RO event hosted by Goldsmiths, we can provide up to £30 towards your travel costs. Events can include summer schools, taster sessions and Goldsmiths Open Day. Please note there is only a limited amount of bursaries available.
If you are a current Realising Opportunities student and would like to enquire about attending an event at Goldsmiths, travel bursaries or more information please contact realisingopportunities (@gold.ac.uk).