We are now offering many of our courses online (over Zoom or similar platforms). No prior experience with these platforms is required. Continue learning with us by taking courses remotely via live distance learning.
Learn to write well, publish in international journals and deliver quality public presentations.
The course is available for group and 1:1 booking only in the following three formats. You can also register your interest by email at air (@gold.ac.uk) to be invited to join a group. Alternatively, you can join Academic Writing and Publishing, Public Speaking and Presenting or our other Public Speaking courses.
- Clients' Office
- Online (Virtual Classroom) with live tutoring
100% of AIR income, beyond operational expense, is used towards education and research.
This 1-week course combines three key skills that are important for most people and essential for academics and researchers – writing, publishing and public speaking.
As science is becoming truly international, researchers are faced with the challenge of publishing in established international journals. Developing a strong publication and citation track record is a major challenge for all scientists.
Dissemination of knowledge and promotion of ideas is another important part of a career in research, academia and other professions. The power of knowledge can be much greater when knowledge is well-presented.
During the practical sessions, you will be provided with feedback and guidance specific to improving your skills; and have the opportunity to receive guidance on specific areas of your interest.
By attending this course, you will:
- Improve your academic writing skills.
- Be able to: spot more easily when the text needs to be improved; understand how to approach revision; revise text to make it clearer, more logical and succinct.
- Have a good insight into the publication process.
- Acquire knowledge about the publication process that will make the process more efficient and less stressful.
- Receive practical advice for each stage of the publication process: writing, revising and submitting manuscripts to a suitable journal; communicating with the editorial team; responding to editorial decision; revising and resubmitting the manuscript.
- Have a good foundation for becoming an efficient reviewer for academic journals.
- Gain public speaking and presentation skills applicable in a variety of contexts such as conferences, election campaigns, diplomacy activities, lecturing, management talks/board meetings, oral exams, PhD Viva as well as the emerging context of online, virtual events.
Campus Courses - VAT-free: Our venues are in central London (Senate House) and in New Cross. You can select your preferred location by choosing the date available.
Virtual Classroom Courses - VAT-free: Live tutoring brings all the benefits of face to face training and, in addition, improves skills for ‘digital’ participation - an essential skill of the 21st century.
Bespoke Courses: If you are interested in a tailor-made Public Speaking course option (1-1 coaching or bespoke group training) please contact us using the email or phone number provided below.
Other clients also took:
Public Speaking and Presenting (1 week)
Speech Writing for Public Speaking (1 day)
Drafting and Negotiating International Contracts (1 week)
Combating Fear of Public Speaking (1 day)
Psychology of Decision Making (1 day)
Book two or more courses at the same time to get 10% discount.
Dates for this course will be finalised soon. Please register your interest to be notified when exact dates are finalised. Email: email@example.com
We are committed to providing reasonable teaching adjustments for students with disabilities that may impact on their learning experience. If you require adjustments, please complete the relevant section on the booking form and also contact us at shortcourses (@gold.ac.uk) so we can respond to your requests as soon as possible.
- 10% when a participant enrolls for more than one of our courses (at the same time)
- 20% UK students
- 25%Members of the UK Law and Society Association (UKLSA)
- If five people register from the same institution for the same intake, the fifth place is free
- Goldsmiths students, staff and alumni - email us for current discounts
As a University, we are able to offer our courses at minimum prices, and free of VAT - to make knowledge available to as wide audience as possible.
Refund policy: See AIR courses page
For information on our upcoming short courses please sign up to our mailing list.