This course is paused for Summer 2023. Please check again for Autumn 2023 entry.
This is a 10-week intermediate course aimed at students who have interests in Chinese dance and who have received basic flexibility training.
This is a short course in Han-Tang Chinese Classical Dance which has a unique identity and style, with refined and sophisticated characteristics.
"The Han-Tang Classical Chinese Dance" is a style of contemporary classical Chinese dance formed in an artistic process of refining and recreating the dance images in historical documents and cultural relics. It centres around the culture of the Han and Tang dynasties, but also includes a variety of historical dance forms from the Pre-Qin dynasty to the Ming and Qing dynasties, embodying the connotations of traditional Chinese aesthetics and artistic spirits.
Why Study this Course?
- Knowledge of the basic background behind Chinese classical dance.
- Knowledge of the basics relating to the dance (ie stance, posture, breathing).
- Knowledge of warm-up exercises/techniques related to similar styles of dance.
- Knowledge of certain repertoires/movements that can be practised.
- Knowledge of Chinese classical dance and culture from imperial China (Han, Tang, Ming, Qing and Pre-Qin dynasties)
Goldsmiths offers a 15% concession rate on short courses to Lewisham Local cardholders, Students and Goldsmiths Alumni.
Please note our short courses sell out quickly, so early booking is advisable.
New Cross, Goldsmiths, University of London
If you have any questions about this course please contact confucius (@gold.ac.uk).
For information on our upcoming short courses please sign up to our mailing list.