A course on advanced methods and techniques for defeating nervousness and improving confidence in public speaking. The skills covered in this course are essential for public speaking in general.
Please note: More training dates can be found on the booking page.
The course is available in four formats:
• Clients' Office
• Online (Virtual Classroom) with live tutoring
• Bespoke (Group or 1-2-1 coaching)
100% of AIR income, beyond operational expense, is used towards education and research. Find out more on the AIR homepage.
Defeating anxiety or nervousness is a key step to mastering public speaking – a skill increasingly essential across many aspects of life.
The skills taught in this course are vital for public speaking in any context, including conferences, election campaigns, diplomacy, PhD Viva /oral exams, lecturing, interviews, and management talks/board meetings.
Max 8 participants: the sessions are interactive with ample opportunity for practical exercises, interaction with other participants as well as personalised feedback and guidance from the tutor.
The training will be tailored to each individual’s needs. You will learn techniques that are specific to you; and will be given the opportunity to work on specific areas of your interest.
Why choose our public speaking training
- You can expect maximum progress. You will receive training from one of the leading experts in the field: with a background in psychology, cognitive sciences, advocacy (e.g. the English Bar), and genetics; with over 11 years of experience teaching public speaking, advocacy and cognitive influences in decision-making. As effective public speaking requires knowledge of the human mind (e.g. how the mind processes (accepts and rejects) information); psychology (e.g. influences/persuasion); and traits (e.g. memory, voice, nervousness), tutors are required to have excellent knowledge in these areas
- You will learn key techniques of the English Barristers' training - well-known internationally for outstanding quality.
- The course is science-based. You will benefit from tested methods, skills and techniques, including overcoming individual-specific and general barriers.
- A highly acclaimed Psychology department. Of thousands of degree-granting universities, Goldsmiths Psychology department is in the World top 100 in the QS ranking for academic reputation. Papers by our academics are highly cited: we hold the 55th place among the Worlds' Psychology departments for the number of citations published per paper.
Campus Courses - VAT-free: Our venues are in central London (Senate House) and in New Cross. You can select your preferred location by choosing the date available.
Virtual Classroom Courses - VAT-free: Live tutoring brings all the benefits of face to face training and, in addition, improves skills for ‘digital’ participation. There is an increasing need for online activities in all areas of life. Meetings, interviews, presentations and conferences are increasingly opting for participation and contribution via digital platforms. Courts have introduced video-advocacy and judging. Consulting, counselling, advertising, sales, and client support of all kinds are all moving to digital formats. Therefore, ‘digital’ participation and the necessary skills for online delivery of Public Speaking are becoming an essential skill of the 21st century.
Bespoke Courses: If you are interested in a tailor-made Public Speaking course option (1-1 coaching or bespoke group training), please contact us using the email or phone number provided below.
Is this course for me
This course equips you with skills, knowledge and techniques that are specific to defeating anxiety of public speaking and for building confidence; as well as with key skills that are important for public speaking and presentation in general.
The course is therefore suitable for you if experience anxiety or fear of public speaking and would like to speak with confidence in front of diverse audiences; and also if your activities include public speaking in general.
Our participants have included: Academics, Bankers, Diplomats, Executives, Lawyers, Lecturers, Managers and Students.
There are two recommended training paths which follow this course:
- Public Speaking and Presenting
- Speech Writing for Public Speaking
- Advanced Methods in Public Speaking
- The Psychology of Decision Making
- Public Speaking and the Psychology of Persuasion (5-day)
- The Psychology fo Decision Making
Other clients also took:
• Public Speaking and Presenting (1-day) - Campus or Virtual Classroom
• Speech Writing for Public Speaking (1-day) - Campus or Virtual Classroom
• Psychology of Decision Making (One day)
*Book two or more courses at the same time to get 10% discount.
We are committed to providing reasonable teaching adjustments for students with disabilities that may impact on their learning experience. If you require adjustments, please complete the relevant section on the booking form and also contact us at shortcourses (@gold.ac.uk) so we can respond to your requests as soon as possible.
Please note our short courses sell-out quickly, so early booking is advisable.
- 10% if you are taking two courses in consecutive weeks
- 20% UK students
- 25%Members of the UK Law and Society Association (UKLSA)
- If five people register from the same institution for the same intake, the fifth place is free
- Goldsmiths students, staff and alumni - email us for current discounts
Refund policy: See AIR courses main page
Starting date, Saturday 30 Jan 2021
10-5pm | 1 day
Starting date, Saturday 3 Apr 2021
10-5pm | 1 day
If you have any questions about this course please contact air (@gold.ac.uk) or call +44 (0)20 7078 5468.
For information on our upcoming short courses please sign up to our mailing list.