Get to grips with a number of different Python packages that are commonly used for data analysis like Pandas, CSV, Numpy and SciPy.
Pandas, Numpy, SciPy and CSV are all libraries, which are a group of features and functionalities for the programming language Python. The libraries looked at in this intermediate course, are used mainly for data analysis and can help you can use to analyse, filter, manipulate, aggregate, merge, pivot and clean datasets.
This three-day course focuses on how to write and run simple data analysis in Python and builds on these using some of the extensions available in Python. You’ll also manipulate and clean data as well as use the stats library to conduct basic statistic tests.
On this course, you’ll also look at:
- Conducting simple statistical analyses: The Python Numpy Module
- Combining For/While loops and Numpy for complex analysis
- Using Pandas to import and manipulate datasets.
For this course, you’ll need some basic experience with Python, be able to conduct simple statistical analysis. You also have the option to bring your own dataset if you have it.
This course can also be taken with our short course Introduction to Python.
As a University, we want to give as many people access to our courses as possible. There are a number of discounts that can help you, find out more below:
- 10% discount when you enrol for more than one of our short courses at the same time.
- 20% discount for UK students
- 25% discount for members of the UK Law and Society Association (UKLSA)
- If 5 people register from the same institution, the fifth place is free.
- If you’re a Goldsmiths’ student, member of staff and alumni, you can email us for current discounts.
As a University, we are able to offer our courses at minimum prices, and free of VAT - to make knowledge available to as wide audience as possible.
To find out about our refund policy, go to our AIR courses main page
We are committed to providing reasonable teaching adjustments for students with disabilities that may impact on their learning experience. If you require adjustments, please complete the relevant section on the booking form and also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can respond to your requests as soon as possible.
Please note our short courses sell-out quickly, so early booking is advisable.
Starting date, Monday 27 Apr 2020
10-5pm | 3 days
Starting date, Monday 20 Jul 2020
10-5pm | 3 days
If you have any questions about this course please contact air (@gold.ac.uk) or call +44 (0)20 7078 5468.
For information on our upcoming short courses please sign up to our mailing list.
Goldsmiths' Main Campus, New Cross, London