This course in Kungfu teaches you the ancient martial arts of China.
Increase your strength, flexibility and coordination with our Kung Fu Martial Arts Class. Learn traditional Chinese martial arts movements and techniques which can help towards health and fitness whilst being a fast and controlled sport. Learning a wide range of conditioning exercises such as stances, stretching, striking and meditation which will prepare you and work this into a defence routine. This course starts from beginner level whilst developing the level throughout the weeks.
Why Study this Course?
- Increase strength, flexibility and coordination
- Improve your game - the movements of martial arts translate to many sports
- Learn traditional Chinese martial arts
- Learn techniques for health and fitness
Goldsmiths offers a 15% concession rate on short courses to Lewisham Local cardholders.
The following participants are eligible to receive a 15% discount. Concessions are available for Goldsmiths’ staff and students, over 60s, Jobseeker’s Allowance and Income Support claimants.
We are committed to providing reasonable teaching adjustments for students with disabilities that may impact on their learning experience. If you require adjustments, please complete the relevant section on the booking form and also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can respond to your requests as soon as possible.
Please note that our short courses sell-out quickly, so early booking is advisable.
If you are undertaking an in-person course please note that we may need to move the course online due to any unforeseen circumstances. Please note no refunds are issued for moving courses online.
Please note our short courses sell out quickly, so early booking is advisable.
RHB 253, Richard Hoggart Building, Goldsmiths, University of London
If you have any questions about this course please contact confucius (@gold.ac.uk).
For information on our upcoming short courses please sign up to our mailing list.
About the department
Goldsmiths Confucius Institute for Dance and Performance is an academic department of Goldsmiths, University of London.
We specialise in Chinese language and culture as well being the first and currently, the only CI to specialise in dance, performance and the arts, and the proud winner of the Global Confucius Institute of the Year Award 2017.
- Undergraduate degree courses in Chinese language - BA (Hons) International Relations & Chinese BA (Hons) Sociology & Chinese
- Credit courses in Chinese language, Chinese history, Chinese arts and culture and Chinese philosophy
- Evening and weekend short courses in Chinese language, Chinese dance, Chinese music and Chinese martial arts
- HSK examinations and training
- Outreach for Schools program