This is a beginner’s course in Mandarin Chinese suitable for those with no prior experience of the language.
Due to the Covid-19 situation, this course has been moved to an online format for the autumn term 2021.
About this Course
Beginners Chinese provides students with basic vocabulary and grammar which act as the foundation of Mandarin Chinese. Through the interactive lessons you will be able to read and write approximately 200 Simplified Chinese characters and be able to hold simple conversations in Chinese.
Why Study this Course?
- Learn Chinese characters
- Learn to hold simple conversations in Chinese
- Practice in a supportive environment
We are committed to providing reasonable teaching adjustments for students with disabilities that may impact on their learning experience. If you require adjustments, please complete the relevant section on the booking form and also contact us at email@example.com so we can respond to your requests as soon as possible.
Please note our short courses sell-out quickly, so early booking is advisable.
If you have any questions about this course please contact confucius (@gold.ac.uk).
For information on our upcoming short courses please sign up to our mailing list.
Goldsmiths, University of London
This course will help you to:
- Become familiar with approximately 200 Chinese characters
- Master how to hold basic conversations in Mandarin
- Learn the fundamentals of written and spoken Chinese
About the department
Goldsmiths Confucius Institute for Dance and Performance is an academic department of Goldsmiths, University of London. We specialise in Chinese language and culture as well being the first and currently, the only CI to specialise in dance, performance and the arts, and the proud winner of the Global Confucius Institute of the Year Award 2017.
- Undergraduate degree courses in Chinese language - BA (Hons) International Relations & ChineseBA (Hons) Sociology & Chinese
- Credit courses in Chinese language, Chinese history, Chinese arts and culture and Chinese philosophy (open to all Goldsmiths students)
- Evening and weekend short courses in Chinese language, Chinese dance, Chinese music and Chinese martial arts
- HSK examinations and training
- Outreach for Schools program