This is a beginner’s course in Mandarin Chinese suitable for those with no prior experience of the language.
Beginners Chinese provides students with basic vocabulary and grammar which act as the foundation of Mandarin Chinese. Through the interactive lessons you will be able to read and write approximately 200 Simplified Chinese characters and be able to hold simple conversations in Chinese.
Why Study this Course?
- Learn Chinese characters
- Learn to hold simple conversations in Chinese
- Practice in a supportive environment
The following participants are eligible to receive a 15% discount. Concessions are available for Goldsmiths’ staff and students, over 60s, Jobseeker’s Allowance and Income Support claimants and local Lewisham residents.
Please note that our short courses sell-out quickly, so early booking is advisable.
We are committed to providing reasonable teaching adjustments for students with disabilities that may impact on their learning experience. Please be advised that in order to provide an assessment and plan appropriate support we require as much notice as possible and, in some circumstances, up to 3 months. If you are planning to book, or have already booked, onto a short course please contact Goldsmiths Disability Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) at your earliest convenience.
To apply for this course, please visit eventbrite via the 'book now' link at the top of this page and select your preferred start date.
If you have any questions about this course please contact confucius (@gold.ac.uk) .
For information on our upcoming short courses please sign up to our mailing list.
Goldsmiths, University of London
This course will help you to:
- Become familiar with approximately 200 Chinese characters
- Master how to hold basic conversations in Mandarin
- Learn the fundamentals of written and spoken Chinese
About the department
Goldsmiths Confucius Institute for Dance and Performance is an academic department of Goldsmiths, University of London. We specialise in Chinese language and culture as well being the first and currently, the only CI to specialise in dance, performance and the arts, and the proud winner of the Global Confucius Institute of the Year Award 2017.
- Undergraduate degree courses in Chinese language - BA (Hons) International Relations & ChineseBA (Hons) Sociology & Chinese
- Credit courses in Chinese language, Chinese history, Chinese arts and culture and Chinese philosophy (open to all Goldsmiths students)
- Evening and weekend short courses in Chinese language, Chinese dance, Chinese music and Chinese martial arts
- HSK examinations and training
- Outreach for Schools program