A course on advanced methods and techniques in public speaking, including persuasion, rhetoric, metaphor and much more.
- Clients' Office
- Online (Virtual Classroom) with live tutoring
- Bespoke (Group or 1:1 coaching)
About the course
Why choose our training
- You will receive training from one of the leading experts in the field: with over 11 years of experience in psychology, advocacy, and cognitive science – areas important for public speaking.
- You will learn key techniques of the English Barristers' training - well-known internationally for outstanding quality.
- The course is science-based. You will benefit from tested methods, skills and techniques, including overcoming individual-specific and general barriers.
- Goldsmiths Psychology department is in the World top 100 in the QS ranking for academic reputation. Papers by our academics are highly cited: we hold the 55th place among the Worlds' Psychology departments for the number of citations published per paper.
Our venues are in central London (Senate House) and in New Cross. You can select your preferred location by choosing the date available. Campus courses are VAT-free.
Virtual Classroom courses
Live tutoring brings all the benefits of face to face training and, in addition, improves skills for ‘digital’ participation. There is an increasing need for online activities in all areas of life. Meetings, interviews, presentations and conferences are increasingly opting for participation and contribution via digital platforms. Courts have introduced video-advocacy and judging. Consulting, counselling, advertising, sales, and client support of all kinds are all moving to digital formats. Therefore, ‘digital’ participation and the necessary skills for online delivery of Public Speaking are becoming an essential skill of the 21st century. Virtual Classroom courses are VAT-free.
If you are interested in a tailor-made Public Speaking course option, 1-1 coaching or bespoke group training, please contact us using the email or phone number provided below.
Is this course for me?
This course is for those who would like to learn advanced techniques (persuasion) in public speaking. It is therefore highly beneficial to those wishing to develop existing public speaking skills.
The course is designed as a continuation of the Public Speaking and Presenting and the Speech Writing for Public Speaking courses, as well as of the Combatting Fear of Public Speaking course – for those who need training to combat anxiety/nervousness and build confidence in public speaking. And so, to benefit the most from this course, one is recommended to have already taken the preceding training or have the equivalent knowledge.
The recommended training following this course is:
- Psychology of Decision Making (1 day)
*Book two or more courses at the same time to get a 10% discount.
Please see booking page for fees.
Please note our short courses sell out quickly, so early booking is advisable.
Find out more about all of the AIR courses available to you.
For all enquiries, and to be regularly updated on upcoming AIR courses, please email: air (@gold.ac.uk). For anything urgent, or if emailing is not a good option for you, you can also call us via WhatsApp or phone on +44 (0)7908 566 949.
You can also follow us on social media:
Short courses mailing list: for information about our upcoming short courses please sign up to our mailing list.
This course is directed by Fatos Selita, an English barrister and a New York State Attorney; with training in Psychology, Genetics and Mind Influences; with over 11 years of experience in delivering public speaking training internationally. Fatos is also a trainer in Mind Influences on Decision making, as well as the director of the Psychology and Law and Decision Making and the Mind: Weaknesses, Biases and Persuasion courses. Fatos has many years of experience in delivering training online and has received outstanding feedback from participants.