Goldsmiths, University of London
Learn the art of public speaking and presenting – remove fear – strengthen your natural confidence – improve effectiveness of your communication – learn from the latest psychological and neuroscientific findings.
Why take this course?
- Due to tutors multi-disciplinary training and expertise, and extensive public speaking experience to diverse audiences internationally – significant improvement on all aspects of public speaking is expected.
- Due to tutors’ experience and expertise in psychology and human development – significant success is expected in removing fear and nervousness, and strengthening your natural confidence.
- This course is designed by public speakers, whose training includes Psychology, Advocacy at the English Bar, and Individual Differences in Traits (e.g. personality, nerviousness), and who are passionate about public speaking.
- The course provides ample opportunity for individualised training and feedback on practical exercises. Number of students is limited to 10 per class.
- This course is exceptionally unique because the Public Speaking training is enhanced with:
- Scientific findings that directly relate to public speaking, including comprehension, attention, origin of individual differences, and memory; and with
- Advocacy skills as taught at the English Bar, which is widely known for its outstanding training in court room persuasion.
You will learn how to:
- Deliver public speaking effectively and with ease to diverse audiences
- Deliver presentations in conference with high impact and in an enjoyable way
- Communicate persuasively and effectively in general
- Articulate thoughts and express clearly for increased effectiveness
- Write effective speeches e.g. keynote speeches, political campaigns speeches, wedding speeches and court closing submissions.
- Understand public speaking techniques used by others (e.g. politicians, media)
- Use tactics and techniques of persuasive public speaking
- Remove fears and anxiety
- Tailor your speech to changing reactions of an audience
- Self-train for continuous long-term self-development
Who should take this course:
We recommend this course to anyone who wishes to improve the skills outlined above.
Public speaking skills are essential in a range of professions as well as in every-day life. Being able to speak well (effectively and enjoyably) in front of other people, either in conferences, board meetings or at a wedding – is a skill that most people would like to have and improve.
The course is also a perfect complement to the Advocacy training of Barristers / lawyers at the English Bar.
Other public speaking courses options. Public Speaking and Presenting (one-day)
How to Apply
Please click on the date of the course you'd like to attend below. You'll be taken to Eventbrite, which is our booking system:
Cancellations up to 14 days before the course start date will incur a 20% cancellation fee. For later cancellations, or non attendance, the full course fee will be charged.
- 10% if you are taking two courses in consecutive weeks
- 20% UK students
- 25% UK Law & Society Association (UKLSA) Members
- If five people register from the same institution for the same intake, the fifth place is free
- Goldsmiths students, staff and alumni - email us for current discounts