The art of Public Speaking / Communication is one of the most powerful tools we possess, and an art can be learned and improved.
We offer a range of Public Speaking courses in different lengths, courses tailored to specific needs, and One to One training / coaching.
Strengths of our Public Speaking courses
Public Speaking is a complex art/science, and requires a number of skills and knowledge from a number of areas. For best outcomes, and based on many years of experience, this course is developed combining cutting edge relevant knowledge in the applicable areas.
The course also combines: Advocacy skills as taught at the English Bar (Barristers' training); and findings on human mind and behaviour (e.g. mind bugs/ influences; persuasion; what affects our traits, such as confidence and nervousness).
This Public Speaking one week course focuses on skills required to:
- Prepare for a public speech
- Tailor length of a presentation as and when needed, including during the presentation
- Develop Public Speaking skills
- Express clearly for increased effectiveness
- Articulate thoughts
- Communicate persuasively and effectively
- Understand audiences
- Tailor presentations to audiences
- Connect with audiences
- Deliver quality public speaking to diverse audiences
- Tailor your speech to changing reactions of an audience
- Minimise a negative atmosphere and build a positive atmosphere in the room
- Write quality speeches for diverse audiences e.g. keynote speeches, political campaign speeches, wedding speeches
- Minimise nervousness / fear / anxiety
- Build natural (inner) confidence
- Building a desired personality
- Deliver quality (with high impact) technical presentations in conferences
- Prepare for a public speech or presentation at a conference
- Use findings from psychological and other sciences for more effective public speaking
- Understand public speaking techniques used by others (e.g. politicians, media)
- Communicate more effectively and persuasively in general
- Self-train for continuous long-term self-development
- Enjoy public speaking and presenting
This course is suitable for:
Anyone who wishes to improve communication skills; and essential for those involved in activities that require comminucating with others, delivering presentations, directing board meetings, inspiring others, promoting change, disseminating knowledge (e.g. researchers).
Being able to speak well (effectively and enjoyably) in front of other people, including in conferences, board meetings or at a wedding – is a skill that would bring satisfaction to most people. Good speaking benefits not only those who speaks well, but often audiences too e.g. in conferences, in school, or university lectures.
This course is directed by Fatos Selita, an English barrister and a New York State Attorney; with training in Psychology, Genetics and Mind Influences; with over 9 years of experience in delivering public speaking training internationally; who is also a trainer in Mind Influences on Decision making, as well as the director of the ‘Psychology for Lawyers: Brain, Mind and Behaviour’ and 'Decision Making: Brain, Mind and Behaviour' courses.
Other public speaking courses options: Public Speaking and Presenting (one-day)
- 10% if you are taking two courses in consecutive weeks
- 20% UK students
- 25%Members of the UK Law and Society Association (UKLSA)
- If five people register from the same institution for the same intake, the fifth place is free
- Goldsmiths students, staff and alumni - email us for current discounts
Refund policy: See AIR courses main page
For information on our upcoming short courses please sign up to our mailing list.
26-30 Aug - Goldsmiths, University of London, New Cross
28 Oct - 1 Nov - Senate House, University of London, Bloomsbury