Learn to speak well in public, persuade and protect from manipulations.
The course is available in four formats:
- Clients' Office
- Online (Virtual Classroom) with live tutoring
- Bespoke (Group or 1-2-1 coaching
100% of AIR income, beyond operational expense, is used towards education and research. Read more…
This one-week training covers public speaking and presenting in depth and allows sufficient time for learning and practising advanced public speaking skills.
The course covers the psychology of persuasion relevant to public speaking and its application in public speaking.
The course also covers protecting from manipulation, including the media and politics.
The skills you will develop during the course are important for speaking in different contexts, such as conferences, election campaigns, diplomacy activities, lecturing, management talks/board meetings, museum guides, oral exams and PhD Viva, as well as the emerging context of speaking at online, virtual events.
Max 8 participants: the sessions are interactive with ample opportunity for practical exercises, interaction with other participants as well as personalised feedback and guidance from the tutor.
During the practical public speaking, you will be provided with feedback and guidance specific to improving your skills; and you will also have the opportunity to receive guidance on specific areas of your interest.
Why choose our public speaking training
1. You will receive training from one of the leading experts in the field: with over 11 years of experience in psychology, advocacy, and genetics – areas important for public speaking.
2. You will learn key techniques of the English Barristers' training - well-known internationally for outstanding quality.
3. The course is science-based. You will benefit from tested methods, skills and techniques, including overcoming individual-specific and general barriers.
4. Of thousands of degree-granting universities, Goldsmiths Psychology department is in the World top 100 in the QS ranking for academic reputation. Papers by our academics are highly cited: we hold the 55th place among the Worlds' Psychology departments for the number of citations published per paper.
Campus Courses - VAT-free: Our venues are in central London (Senate House) and in New Cross. You can select your preferred location by choosing the date available.
Virtual Classroom Course Information - VAT-free: Live tutoring brings all the benefits of face to face training and, in addition, improves skills for ‘digital’ participation. There is now an increasing need for on-line activities in all areas of life. Meetings, interviews, presentations and conferences are increasingly opting for participation and contribution via digital platforms. Courts have introduced video-advocacy and judging. Consulting, counselling, advertising, sales, and client support of all kinds are all moving to digital formats. Large events and conferences are conducted via videoconferencing. Therefore, ‘digital’ participation, and therefore skills for online delivery of Public Speaking, are becoming an essential skill of the 21st century.
Bespoke Course Information: Please contact us for tailor-made Public Speaking course options: 1-1 coaching and bespoke group training. We will adapt the course to your tailored to your interests, needs and desired outcomes.
Is this course for me
The skills and knowledge covered in this course – public speaking and persuasion (including protecting from manipulation) – are important across a wide range of contexts. The course is therefore suitable for all people.
Our participants have included: Advertisers, Bankers, Barristers, Diplomats, Executives, Lecturers, Managers, Politicians, Researchers, Solicitors and Students.
Other clients also took:
Academic Writing and Publishing (1 day) - Campus or Virtual Classroom
Psychology of Decision Making (1 day) - Campus or Virtual Classroom
Psychology and Law (1 day) - Campus or Virtual Classroom
*Book two or more courses at the same time to get 10% discount.
To book a bespoke Public Speaking short course, please contact the AIR.
We are committed to providing reasonable teaching adjustments for students with disabilities that may impact on their learning experience. If you require adjustments, please complete the relevant section on the booking form and also contact us at email@example.com so we can respond to your requests as soon as possible.
Please note our short courses sell-out quickly, so early booking is advisable.
- 10% when a participant enrols for more than one of our courses (at the same time)
- 20% of UK students
- 25% Members of the UK Law and Society Association (UKLSA)
- If five people register from the same institution for the same intake, the fifth place is free
- Goldsmiths students, staff and alumni - email us for current discounts
As a University, we are able to offer our courses at minimum prices, and free of VAT - to make knowledge available to as wide audience as possible.
Refund policy: See AIR courses main page
Starting date, Monday 2 Nov 2020
10am-5pm | 1 day
Starting date, Monday 23 Nov 2020
10am-5pm | 1 day
Starting date, Monday 15 Mar 2021
10-5pm | 1 day
If you have any questions about this course please contact air (@gold.ac.uk) or call +44 (0)20 7078 5468.
For information on our upcoming short courses please sign up to our mailing list.