This is a self-contained course in public speaking – a beautiful art that can be mastered with quality training and practice.
10/10. Excellent trainer. Most useful:
- Feedback session, very patient in asking/teaching us to pause and repeat with correct tone.
- Link to psychology & genetics rather than just techniques.
Thank you, great course.
Michelle Bee. Pythian
Very useful, especially moving between practical + theory. I felt very comfortable. I found the teacher very knowledgeable + he gave everyone a lot of time.
Annie Bliss, Alzheimers Disease International
The course is available in four formats:
- Clients office
- Online (virtual classroom) with live tutoring
- Bespoke (group or 1:1 coaching)
For additional course dates, please visit our Eventbrite.
100% of AIR income, beyond operational expense, is used towards education and research. Read more…
The skills you will develop during the course will prepare you for public speaking and presentation in a variety of contexts such as conferences, election campaigns, diplomacy activities, lecturing, management talks/board meetings, oral exams, PhD Viva as well as the emerging context of online, virtual events.
During the practical public speaking, you will be provided with feedback and guidance specific to improving your skills. Throughout these sessions, you will also have the opportunity to receive guidance on specific areas of your interest.
Max 8 participants: The sessions are interactive with ample opportunity for practical exercises, interaction with other participants as well as personalised feedback and guidance from the tutor.
Why choose our public speaking training
- You can expect maximum progress. You will receive training from one of the leading experts in the field: with a background in psychology, cognitive sciences, advocacy (e.g. the English Bar), and genetics; with over 10 years of experience teaching public speaking, advocacy and cognitive influences in decision-making. As effective public speaking requires knowledge of the human mind (e.g. how the mind processes (accepts and rejects) information); psychology (e.g. influences/persuasion); and traits (e.g. memory, voice, nervousness), tutors are required to have excellent knowledge in these areas.
- You will learn key techniques of the English Barristers' training - well-known internationally for outstanding quality.
- The course is science-based. You will benefit from tested methods, skills and techniques, including overcoming individual-specific and general barriers.
- A highly acclaimed Psychology department. Of thousands of degree-granting universities, Goldsmiths Psychology department is in the World top 100 in the QS ranking for academic reputation. Papers by our academics are highly cited: we hold the 55th place among the Worlds' Psychology departments for the number of citations published per paper.
On-campus courses (VAT-free)
Our venues are in central London (Senate House) and in New Cross. You can select your preferred location by choosing the date available.
Virtual Classroom Courses (VAT-free)
Live tutoring brings all the benefits of face to face training and, in addition, improves skills for ‘digital’ participation. There is an increasing need for online activities in all areas of life. Meetings, interviews, presentations and conferences are increasingly opting for participation and contribution via digital platforms. Courts have introduced video-advocacy and judging. Consulting, counselling, advertising, sales, and client support of all kinds are all moving to digital formats. Therefore, 'digital' participation and the necessary skills for online delivery of Public Speaking are becoming an essential skill of the 21st century.
If you are interested in a tailor-made Public Speaking course option (1-1 coaching or bespoke group training), please contact us.
Is this course for me
This course equips you with knowledge, skills and techniques for effective public speaking and presentation. These skills are applicable across different contexts including for conferences, election campaigns, diplomacy, lecturing, interviews, Viva, oral exams and management talks/board meetings. If you would like to improve your oral skills in any of these areas or more generally, then this course is suitable for you.
Our participants have included: Advertisers, Bankers, Barristers, Diplomats, Executives, Lecturers, Managers, Politicians, Researchers, Solicitors and Students.
Other clients also took:
Book two or more courses at the same time to get 10% discount.
We are committed to providing reasonable teaching adjustments for students with disabilities that may impact on their learning experience. If you require adjustments, please complete the relevant section on the booking form and also contact us at shortcourses (@gold.ac.uk) so we can respond to your requests as soon as possible.
Please note our short courses sell-out quickly, so early booking is advisable.
- 10% when a participant enrols for more than one of our courses (at the same time)
- 20% UK students
- 25% Members of the UK Law and Society Association (UKLSA)
- If five people register from the same institution for the same intake, the fifth place is free
- Goldsmiths students, staff and alumni - email us for current discounts
As a University, we are able to offer our courses at minimum prices, and free of VAT - to make knowledge available to as wide an audience as possible.
Refund policy: See AIR courses main page
To book this course for a group, please email us air (@gold.ac.uk). The price for group bookings is £1,925. Group size for this course is capped at 8 people.
Starting date, Thursday 29 Oct 2020
10am-5pm | 1 day
Starting date, Saturday 5 Dec 2020
10-5pm | 1 day
Starting date, Friday 22 Jan 2021
10-5pm | 1 day
If you have any questions about this course please contact air (@gold.ac.uk) or call +44 (0)20 7078 5468.
For information on our upcoming short courses please sign up to our mailing list.