The art of Public Speaking / Communication is one of the most powerful tools we possess, and an art can be learned and improved.
We offer a range of Public Speaking courses in different lengths, as well as courses tailored to specific needs.
Strengths of our Public Speaking courses
Public Speaking is a complex art/science, and requires a number of skills, as well as knowledge from a range of areas. For best outcomes, and based on many years of experience, this course is developed combining cutting edge relevant knowledge in the applicable areas.
The course also combines: Advocacy skills as taught at the English Bar (Barristers' training); and findings on human mind and behaviour (e.g. mind bugs/ influences; persuasion; what affects our traits, such as confidence and nervousness).
This Public Speaking 1-day course focuses on skills required to:
- Prepare for a public speech or presentation at a conference
- Tailor length of a presentation as and when needed, including during the presentation
- Express clearly for increased effectiveness
- Articulate thoughts
- Building a desired personality
- Understand audiences
- Connect with audiences
- Tailor presentations to diverse audiences
- Tailor your speech to changing reactions of an audience
- Minimise a negative atmosphere and build a positive atmosphere in the room
- Minimise nervousness / fear / anxiety
- Build natural (inner) confidence
- Communicate persuasively and effectively in general
- Enjoy public speaking and presenting
This course is suitable for:
Anyone who wishes to improve communication skills; and essential for those involved in activities that require comminucating with others, delivering presentations, directing board meetings, inspiring others, promoting change, disseminating knowledge (e.g. researchers).
Being able to speak well (effectively and enjoyably) in front of other people, including in conferences, board meetings or at a wedding – is a skill that would bring satisfaction to most people. Good speaking benefits not only those who speaks well, but often audiences too e.g. in conferences, in school, or university lectures.
This course is directed by Fatos Selita, an English barrister and a New York State Attorney; with training in Psychology, Genetics and Mind Influences; with over 9 years of experience in delivering public speaking training internationally; who is also a trainer in Mind Influences on Decision making, as well as the director of the ‘Psychology for Lawyers: Brain, Mind and Behaviour’ and 'Decision Making: Brain, Mind and Behaviour' courses.
Other public speaking courses options: Public Speaking and Presenting 1-week course
- 10% if you are taking two courses in consecutive weeks
- 20% UK students
- 25%Members of the UK Law and Society Association (UKLSA)
- If five people register from the same institution for the same intake, the fifth place is free
- Goldsmiths students, staff and alumni - email us for current discounts
Refund policy: See AIR courses main page
For information on our upcoming short courses please sign up to our mailing list.
11 Jan - Goldsmiths, University of London, New Cross
26 Aug - Goldsmiths, University of London, New Cross