Goldsmiths, University of London
This course is designed and taught by barristers and psychologists. Number of students is limited to 8 per class.
This course is taught by highly skilled experts with extensive experience of public speaking in a wide range of contexts, including courtroom advocacy, international conferences, public engagement, training and professional development, and politics.
In just one day of intensive training, you are guaranteed to improve your public speaking skills. Due to tutors’ experience and expertise in psychology and human development, significant success is also expected in removing fear and nervousness.
The unique feature of this course is the combination of:
- Advocacy training at the English Bar;
- Insights from psychological science; and
- Personalised training and feedback.
The course will include training on all aspect of public speaking:
- Delivering effective public speeches & presentations
- Understanding manipulative public speaking techniques
- Tactics and techniques of persuasive public speaking
- Removing fears and anxiety
Following completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Understand techniques used in public speeches (e.g. by politicians’)
- Reduce fears and anxiety
- Deliver better public speeches or presentations in conferences
- Know how to self-develop further
For more in-depth training, also available Public Speaking and Presenting - 5-day course.
How to Apply
Please click on the date of the course you'd like to attend below. You'll be taken to Eventbrite, which is our booking system:
Cancellations up to 14 days before the course start date will incur a 20% cancellation fee. For later cancellations or non attendance, the full course fee will be charged.
- 10% if you are taking two courses in consecutive weeks
- 20% UK students
- 25% UK Law & Society Association (UKLSA) Members
- If five people register from the same institution for the same intake, the fifth place is free
- Goldsmiths students, staff and alumni - email us for current discounts