This evening course will teach you how to manipulate and shape your data, automate processes or write bespoke programs on our practical introduction to programming using Python.
This course will be taught via distance learning in Spring and Summer 2020, and we are pleased to offer participants a 20% discount for sessions starting in April and May 2020. Please email us at the email below to request a discount code.
Dive into programming
This evening course is aimed at those new to programming, our week-long course aims to give you a hands-on introduction to Python, a general-purpose programming language.
Throughout your course, you’ll learn about:
- General introduction to programming
- Programming in Python
- Using the interpreter in iPython
- Writing Python scripts
- Loop and control flow (for-loops, if-statements)
- Data-types: strings, lists and dictionaries
- Using and writing functions
- Functions for scientific programming: Numpy and SciPy
- Finding problems in code
- Data manipulation project using Python
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to write useful programmes, understand more complex Python programmes written by others as well as how to use Python for more advanced data analysis.
This course is also available as a 5-day course for £750.
Book onto Introduction to Python - Week Long Course.
We are committed to providing reasonable teaching adjustments for students with disabilities that may impact on their learning experience. Please be advised that in order to provide an assessment and plan appropriate support we require as much notice as possible and, in some circumstances, up to 3 months. If you are planning to book, or have already booked, onto a short course please contact Goldsmiths Disability Team (email@example.com) at your earliest convenience.
As a University, we want to give as many people access to our courses as possible. There are a number of discounts that can help you, find out more below:
- 10% discount when you enrol for more than one of our short courses at the same time.
- 20% discount for UK students
- 25% discount for members of the UK Law and Society Association (UKLSA)
- If 5 people register from the same institution, the fifth place is free.
- If you’re a Goldsmiths’ student, member of staff and alumni, you can email us for current discounts.
As a University, we are able to offer our courses at minimum prices, and free of VAT - to make knowledge available to as wide audience as possible.
To find out about our refund policy, go to our AIR courses main page
We are committed to providing reasonable teaching adjustments for students with disabilities that may impact on their learning experience. If you require adjustments, please complete the relevant section on the booking form and also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can respond to your requests as soon as possible.
Please note our short courses sell-out quickly, so early booking is advisable.
Starting date, Monday 11 May 2020
6-9pm | 4 weeks
If you have any questions about this course please contact air (@gold.ac.uk) or call +44 (0)20 7078 5468.
For information on our upcoming short courses please sign up to our mailing list.
Goldsmiths' Main Campus, New Cross, London